Skip Navigation

[Resolved] 1 camp does not adjust to code

This support ticket is created 3 years ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Waqar 3 years ago.

Assisted by: Waqar.

Author
Billede 05.04.2021 kl. 10.47.jpg

Hi there,
You guys helped me so that in the description in the view on this site only shows 3 lines of the complete description in the content template.
But 1 camp looks weird - i added a screenshot.
Can you help me making this camp also just show 3 lines like the other camps?

Thanks

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi Mai,

I've checked the page at /badminton-camps/ and noticed that the description text is showing correctly.
Screenshot: hidden link

Have you made any changes, after writing to us?

regards,
Waqar

Hi there, no i did not and i can not make the error appear myself. It is my boss that gets it at his desktop.

Waqar
Supporter

Ok, in that case, please request your boss to clear the browser cache and cookies and then test the page again.
( making sure that the browser is up-to-date and there are no browser extensions installed )

In case the issue still persists, please share the information about the operation system and browser that he is using and also suggest trying more than one browser to narrow down the issue.

Hi Waqar,

I got this answer:
Hi Mai

I deleted all cache and cookies on safari, firefox and google chrome. On safari and firefox the issue still happens but Google Chrome works. It is very strange but we have to make sure it works on safari and firefox too obviously. Thanks.

Waqar
Supporter

Thanks for writing back.

I was able to see the issue in Firefox and Safari on MacBook Pro, with the latest MacOS.

In the View "Se alle badminton camps ny", the following custom CSS code, is included in the custom CSS section, which is responsible for this:

.hidetext {
  display: -webkit-box;
  -webkit-line-clamp: 3;
  -webkit-box-orient: vertical;  
}

But this method of limiting the text to a fixed number of lines is not supported in all browsers:
hidden link

You can change it to something simpler, for example:

.hidetext {
display: block;
overflow: hidden;
height: 90px;  
}

Hi Waqar,

It works! But now the image size of the view is wrong again even thought the css you guys provided for me is still there - and the image is set to the custom size too.
It needs to bee 600x400 pixels and just crop the image if it is bigger.

I put in this shortcode that i had for temporary fix the last time 🙂

[types field='cover-image' title='%%TITLE%%' alt='%%ALT%%' size='custom' width='600' height='400' resize='crop'][/types]

it still works 🙂

Waqar
Supporter

Thanks for the update and glad that the CSS code changed worked.

The images on the "/badminton-camps/" page are loading in the 600x400 pixels size and the change in the CSS code can have no effect on that.
( example image URL: /wp-content/uploads/2021/03/39A1929_Sallies_Racehall-1-wpcf_600x400.jpg )

The space available for each 3 column grid block is not enough to display the images in the full 600x400 pixels size, which is why they're shown adjusted automatically based on the total available screen size, which is expected.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.