Skip Navigation

[Resuelto] wpv-post-taxonomy shortcode giving spurious results

This support ticket is created hace 4 años, 2 meses. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Etiquetado: 

This topic contains 6 respuestas, has 2 mensajes.

Last updated by Gavin hace 4 años, 2 meses.

Assisted by: Shane.

Autor

Hello

I have a an archive layout used for six taxonomies.

I have inserted the following shortcode to display the native WordPress description of the relevant taxonomy term.

[wpv-post-taxonomy type='plosive,fricative,stop,percussive,vocal,effector' separator='' format='description']

Mostly the description displays correctly, but sometimes it is displaying no description or two descriptions from different terms from different taxonomies.

Note: The archive title and custom taxonomy fields all display correctly. It is only the native WordPress taxonomy description with which I am having trouble.

Thanks

Gavin

For example, take a look at this page. The description is displaying 3 different descriptions from three different taxonomy terms. The first one is the correct one.

hidden link

Hmmm.... If I try to output the name, then several taxonomy terms appear.

Okay.... because my site is live, I'm going to switch to using a Types Custom Taxonomy Term Field for the description and not the native WordPress one. I have tested this and it works.

Shane
Supporter

Languages: Inglés (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Gavin,

Thank you for getting in touch.

If possible could you provide me with a copy of the site so that I can test this issue to see what is happening ? Or if you have a test site setup you can provide me with the credentials.

To provide a copy of the website please follow the instructions in the link below.
https://toolset.com/faq/provide-supporters-copy-site/

Thanks,
Shane

Like I said, I stopped using the functionality to display the taxonomy description and switched to a custom field as the former did not work properly.

Although the issue is not resolved, I have used a workaround.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.