Skip Navigation

[Resuelto] How to show post numbers next to Views filter controls

Este hilo está resuelto. Aquí tiene una descripción del problema y la solución.

Problem:
With a View that has filter controls, how to show the number of matching posts against each filter?

Solution:
Edit the shortcode where the filter is inserted and use the %%COUNT%% placeholder in the format attribute.

Relevant Documentation:
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/views-shortcodes/#wpv-control-postmeta

This support ticket is created hace 5 años, 7 meses. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 -
- 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 -

Supporter timezone: Europe/London (GMT+00:00)

This topic contains 5 respuestas, has 2 mensajes.

Last updated by Ljuba hace 5 años, 7 meses.

Assisted by: Nigel.

Autor
03.png
02.png
01.png

==> Tell us what you are trying to do?

I have custom search and I have set it [wpv-found-count] per title (see image 01), but I want it to display also per search items (as it is on image 02 and 03).

So, if one item filter looks like code below, what should to be added to get [wpv-found-count] as on the images?

<div class="form-group">
	<label>[wpml-string context="wpv-views"]Room amenities[/wpml-string]</label>
	[wpv-control-post-taxonomy taxonomy="room-amenities" type="checkboxes" url_param="wpv-room-amenities"]
</div>

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: Inglés (English ) Español (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+00:00)

This one is just not supported. Funnily enough I have another ticket in my queue discussing the same thing, although it is not something I've seen requested before.

In any case all I can do is pass this on to my colleague who manages features requests. If there is an existing request he will add your voices to it, otherwise he'll file a new request.

Although this would be a nice-to-have, it does add a certain amount of overhead to the page in terms of the queries required to provide it.

Thanks for clear answer. Yes, I agree also vs queries, but feture is nice also. Thanks again.

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: Inglés (English ) Español (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+00:00)

Screen Shot 2018-08-21 at 14.46.54.png

Doh.

My colleague replied back that you can already do this. It rang a bell but when I checked I couldn't see how and yet looking again it's right in front of my eyes.

Note the format option when inserting a filter, you can use the %%COUNT%% placeholder.

YouARE THE KING. Thanks A LOT.

I can just to repeat. You ARE THE KING. Thanks A LOT.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.