Skip Navigation

WooCommerce VIEWS & Store Page

This support ticket is created hace 8 años, 3 meses. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

This topic contains 1 respuesta, has 2 mensajes.

Last updated by emerson hace 8 años, 3 meses.

Assigned support staff: emerson.

Autor

SD

Hi there, my theme does not support woocommerce so i used woocommerce Views to integrate it.

If i select a "Shop Page" from woocommerce settings it breaks the specific page as it is not supported by the theme...so i created a view using views and added the shortcode to the Shop page. Then i removed the selection from woocommerce settings and it works great. The issue with that is when for example the cart is empty there is a button "Return To Shop" but because a shop page is not actually selected via woocommerce settings it can't load it.

Here is a short 4 minute video of what i mean: hidden link

Please advice,
Stelios

Dear Stelios,
Thanks for the video. WooCommerce Views requires a theme to be WooCommerce compatible first. Please refer to the following links on how to make your theme WooCommerce compatible:

hidden link

Then after you implement the changes in the above tutorial, you can then declare your theme as WooCommerce compatible by using this code here:
hidden link

Now if you want to customize your shop page using WooCommerce Views, you don't need to create a specific "page" to it with the Views shortcode(and then assign a shop page in WooCommerce settings). To do this correctly, all you need is to override this WooCommerce default shop page with Views WordPress archives. In order to achieve this , please read this tutorial:

https://toolset.com/home/woocommerce-views/

To read the specific part on customizing the shop page, scroll down to "Load products from the database and display them" section.

Please let me know how it goes. Thanks 🙂

Cheers,
Emerson

El debate ‘WooCommerce VIEWS & Store Page’ está cerrado y no admite más respuestas.