Skip Navigation

[Cerrado] WooCommerce Taxonomy Description

The Toolset Community Forum is closed, for technical support questions, please head on to our Toolset Professional Support (for paid clients), with any pre-sale or admin question please contact us here.
This support ticket is created hace 8 años. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.
This is the community support forum for Types plugin, which is part of Toolset. Toolset is a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients and people who registered for Types community support can post in it.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- - 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Ho_Chi_Minh (GMT+07:00)

Etiquetado: ,

This topic contains 8 respuestas, has 2 mensajes.

Last updated by Beda hace 8 años.

Assisted by: Beda.

Autor

I think my issue is similar to this.. https://toolset.com/forums/topic/wpv-taxonomy-description/#post-387344

Basically I am trying to add the taxonomy description for product categories in WooCommerce to my archive template. I have successfully managed to get this to output but it outputs within the <ul class="products"> loop not directly after the archive title of the page and as a result doesn't work very nicely. How do I make it so it is inserted higher up?

I have been using a few variants but all involve me positioning the taxonomy description at the top

<div class="product-archive-intro">
[wpv-archive-description]
</div>
[wpv-layout-start]
    [wpv-items-found]
    <!-- wpv-loop-start -->
    <ul class="wpv-loop js-wpv-loop">
        <wpv-loop>
            [wpv-post-body view_template="Loop item in Products"]
        </wpv-loop>
    </ul>
    <!-- wpv-loop-end -->
    [/wpv-items-found]
    [wpv-no-items-found]
        <strong>[wpml-string context="wpv-views"]No items found[/wpml-string]</strong>
    [/wpv-no-items-found]
[wpv-layout-end]

How can I achieve this?

Its not possible that something not included in a certain HTML element actually gets displayed in it.

So that means, you probably have the ShortCode in your Content template "view_template="Loop item in Products""

I'm confused how you relate your issue with the other one.
As seen, in the other Thread Agnes mentioned the ShortCode is wrong.
She mentions the correct one to use:
https://toolset.com/documentation/views-shortcodes/#vf-154477

[wpv-taxonomy-archive info="name"] //Info can be changed to description

I can't find any relation in our Product to "wpv-archive-description"
Can you elaborate why you use this?

Thank you

Capturd.PNG

Hi Beda,

[wpv-archive-description] was a custom function however I am also trying this with the version you mentioned. BOTH seem to output the content within the

though.

As you can see from the relative markup this is the loop template not the content template it calls.

<div class="product-archive-intro">
    [wpv-taxonomy-archive info="description"]	
    </div>
    [wpv-layout-start]
    	[wpv-items-found]
    	<!-- wpv-loop-start -->
    	<ul class="wpv-loop js-wpv-loop">
    		<wpv-loop>
    		</wpv-loop>
    	</ul>
    	<!-- wpv-loop-end -->
    	[/wpv-items-found]
    	[wpv-no-items-found]
    		<strong>[wpml-string context="wpv-views"]No items found[/wpml-string]</strong>
    	[/wpv-no-items-found]
    [wpv-layout-end]

See attached screenshot.

So where else can I insert this so it shows at the top of the archive template below the title? rather than in the <ul products> loop itself? I need it before that.

It must be displayed out of the HTML (ul products) if it's not inserted in there, that's clear so far.

What I meant, is that you probably have the call in the Content Template?
You use this in the Loop:

Somewhere you style this (Loop item). Are you sure the ShortCode is not accidentally also in that Template?

I inserted the Term Description ShortCode as you use it, including all HTML, to my Archive for the Product Category and this correctly shows previous to the List.

It must work also on the Site you create.

Eventually the code is present in the Content Template?

Can you send me the content of that template?

Thank you

Capture.PNG

Hi Beda,

Did you see my screenshot? Does that not confirm I put it in the correct location? Here is attached my content template where this shortcode is NOT.

Can you confirm that is the case now? I don't have time to go back and forth on this project. Can I send you the login details to have a quicker look at

a) My archive template - This is where I have the shortcode at the etop

b) The content template where I don't have the shortcode but you seem to think I have added it there.

Thanks

I assumed this, because it is the only logical reason this could happen.

Things can not be displayed in a certain HTML section or element, if not specifically coded in there.

You put it on the Views Loop, in the correct location (out of your HTML), but I did not see your Content Template, and your latest ScreenShot confirms there is no call for it as well in there.

I apologize if it's a back and forth process, but without information, I can also not solve the issue.

Please can you provide me Acces to your site. This way we can ShortCut the process.

I will need to:
- edit the View
- eventually create a new one
- remove and add HTML

I need a Site where either all Plugins are deactivated and a native WordPress theme is installed, or the permission to do this myself.

Then I will make the required tests and let you know the outcome.

I would need to request temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP) to your site
- preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible -
in order to be of better help and check if some configurations might need to be changed

Your next answer will be private which means only you and I have access to it.

❌ Please backup your database and website ❌

✙ I would, if possible, need access to a site where only a minimal set of Plugins and a default theme is active.
This to avoid eventual compatibility issues with other software.

✙ I would additionally need your permission to de- and re-activate Plugins and the Theme, and to change configurations on the site.
This is also a reason the backup is really important

✙ Please add the Links to:

- The Views Archive Edit Screen

- The Content Template

- The corresponding Taxonomy edit screens

Thank you for your understanding and collaboration.

Hmm okay, I wouldn't be able to change themes or turn off any plugins let alone all on this site without making a clone.

I am confused by your response though. You are saying it is in the correct location?

Then can you tell me why when you inspect / look at source code for this page hidden link that the archive description is within the

products loop? and not at the top of the page after the title?

The issue that effects me here is any plugins to create filters end up above the description too, which looks broken. Maybe this just isn't something that is possible with Views? If so please advise as I will need to find a better alternative.

Could you possibly login and take a look at the different locations within Views to see if you can spot what I have done wrong? without making changes? and see if we can resolve it that way?

I am saying, if you put something inside a HTML section, how can it display somewhere else?
And opposite, if you display something outside the HTML, how can it display inside the HTMl instead?

So, I replicated it locally. On my end it works.

There must be a incoherence somewhere on the Website you develop.

On the link you provided I see Parametric Searches and the div class "product-archive-intro" is not even present, according the HTML Source.

1. Parametric Searches are not possible on archive pages
2. The HTML you show me above is present there, but only starting from the Loop.

A simple test will be output bare text in your div class "product-archive-intro"
Do you see it?

This is the test I would do as first.

I suspect something is overwriting your Archive.

You also mention, "any plugins to create filters end up above the description too"

I don't understand what you mean with this, and we need to handle one issue each thread.

So, if I can do the tests need and described here:
https://toolset.com/forums/topic/woocommerce-taxonomy-description/#post-389920
provide me Login details.

If I can not do the tests, I can look around, but limited test possibilities won't allow me to solve it most probably.

In this case, also provide either a Test site or a Site's Snapshot.

I would need a sites snapshot if possible.
We usually recommend the free Plugin "Duplicator" for this porpoise.

If you already know how Duplicator works
(http://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/),
please skip the following steps and just send me the installer file and the zipped package you downloaded.

★ Duplicator Instructions
hidden link
Send me both files (you probably want to use DropBox, Google Drive, or similar services, as the snapshot file will be quite big)

❌ IMPORTANT ❌
Remember to create or keep an admin account for me before creating the snapshot, or I won't be able to login. You may delete the new admin account once the snapshot has been built.

I will enable your next answer as private so you can provide me the information securely.

Thank you for your patience and collaboration

El debate ‘[Cerrado] WooCommerce Taxonomy Description’ está cerrado y no admite más respuestas.