Skip Navigation

[Resuelto] Views not saving changes

This support ticket is created hace 10 años, 3 meses. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 19:00 10:00 – 19:00 10:00 – 19:00 10:00 – 19:00 10:00 – 19:00 -
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+01:00)

This topic contains 3 respuestas, has 3 mensajes.

Last updated by Enfoque hace 9 años, 10 meses.

Assigned support staff: Caridad.


Ok, everything was working fine with my custom search even when I installed my new theme.
But after updating filter controls in Views everything disappeared. Whenever I try to update my filter controls my META HTML shows:

[wpv-filter-start hide="false"]

Same thing happens when i create new Views. It doesn't save any changes.

I found that my theme "Notable" created lots of custom fields, so i reversed my theme to the previous one but the custom fields haven't disappeared even when I tried to delete them.

Could 100 or so custom fields from my theme destroy my views? Any help?


Dear Kamil,

Yes it can. There is a new setting in PHP 5.3 that limits the number of posted variables to 300 by default. There are several variables for each custom field while editing a View so we easily reach the limit with many custom fields. Try raising the limits in .htaccess with:

php_value max_input_vars 3000

If you are also using the Suhosin patch for PHP, you will also need:

php_value 3000
php_value suhosin.request.max_vars 3000

Please let me know if there is anything else that I can assist you with.



Hey CaridadZ,

I don't know why but .htaccess didn't work, so I modified php.ini with:

max_input_vars = 3000

And it's back to normal now.

Thanks a lot!


I had the same problem and with your help the problem is resolved.
CaridadZ thank you very much.