Skip Navigation

View Metha HTML revert to default but still working

This support ticket is created hace 9 años, 2 meses. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

This topic contains 7 respuestas, has 2 mensajes.

Last updated by Luo Yang hace 9 años, 2 meses.

Assigned support staff: Luo Yang.

Autor

SD

Hi there,

This is the second time this happens to me(first time was with another website and i recreated the HTML from scratch).

So the issue is that when i go to edit a View, my already customized and edited HTML is not there, in it's place is the default one hidden link . This happens to only a specific view, all other views work fine.

What is really weird though is that in the front-end the view looks fine...by fine i mean that it renders using my edited/customized html hidden link .

I need to change something but whenever i click edit i see the default html that is created using the fields above....i don't want to click update or something because i fear that it will mess with the view in the frond end which still looks fine.

Now i wonder, since the html in the front-end looks fine, it means that my customized html might be still somewhere, right ? Where does views save the html? In database ? If yes then which table ? Is there anywhere i can try to copy it ?

Please advice
Stelios

Luo Yang
Supporter

Languages: Inglés (English ) Chino simplificado (简体中文 )

Timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

Hi Stelios,

It is stored in your database table wp_posts, you can search it using some mysql tools, such as phpmyadmin.
I suggest you try update Views plugin to latest version, and create another view to replace previous one.

SD

Hi Luoy,

I found some entries related to views but the value seems encrypted or something..sorry i'm not too good with mySql.
I have the latest version of Views, i don;t want to recreate the View as i wrote a lot of html there with divs, classes, etc.

What should i search to find it ? The title of the view or something like that ?

Please advice,
Stelios

Luo Yang
Supporter

Please try search the title

SD

All the Views in mySql have this content and not the actual code...so i assume that they are stored in another table ? :

[wpv-filter-meta-html]
[wpv-layout-meta-html]

Luo Yang
Supporter

sorry for the misunderstand, what you asking for is a custom field stored in table "wp_postmeta", please try search with:
post_id = 123
123 is the view post ID.

SD

Hi there, ok the id for that specific view is 375 and this is what i get when i search for this: hidden link

Where should i go now do find what i need?

Luo Yang
Supporter

The meta_key is _wpv_layout_settings, meta value is something like this:

[wpv-layout-start]
[wpv-posts-found]
<!-- wpv-loop-start -->
   <ul>
      <wpv-loop>
         <li>[wpv-post-link]</li>
      </wpv-loop>
   </ul>
<!-- wpv-loop-end -->
[/wpv-posts-found]
[wpv-no-posts-found][wpml-string context="wpv-views"]<strong>No posts found</strong>[/wpml-string][/wpv-no-posts-found]
[wpv-layout-end]

El debate ‘View Metha HTML revert to default but still working’ está cerrado y no admite más respuestas.