Skip Navigation

[Resuelto] Validate an import using WP All Import Parent Child

This support ticket is created hace 4 años. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Etiquetado: 

This topic contains 1 respuesta, has 2 mensajes.

Last updated by Shane hace 4 años.

Assisted by: Shane.

Autor
importimage1.JPG
importimage2.JPG
importimage3.JPG
importimage4.JPG

Hi
I am using a repeatable group .
The CSV file has Has FirstName, LastName, Email, eventid
The EventId is the parentID of the Custom Record
The import works well , if the user put the right Eventid(parentid) in the csv, but as usual some of our users have entered the incorrect id and those child records have ended up in the wrong parent records.
The parent record has another field called ClientCode .
I want thinking of putting cleintcode as a field in the import csv.
But how can I valaidate that the ClientCode and Eventid match before it imports the child record.
I would like to put maybe a filter on the import or something , that would reduce the user errors.

Shane
Supporter

Languages: Inglés (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Mike,

Thank you for getting in touch.

We here wouldn't be able to assist with this given that we only setup the structure of the post types but not import the data.

I would recommend that you get in touch with the support for the WP All import plugin in order to see if they can help by providing a hook or code to validate your fields before the import.

Thanks,
Shane

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.