Skip Navigation

[Resuelto] Use default WP Post Editor with a view Template (Divi Theme)

Este es el foro de soporte técnico para Toolset: un paquete de plugines para el desarrollo de sitios WordPress sin escribir PHP.

Cualquier persona puede leerlo, pero solo los clientes de Toolset pueden publicar en este foro. El soporte de Toolset atiende 6 días a la semana, 19 horas por día.

This topic contains 11 respuestas, has 2 mensajes.

Last updated by Cesar hace 3 años, 5 meses.

Assigned support staff: Minesh.

Autor

Hi,
I'm using Divi and Views to create my Post Archive and Single post design. (Amazing work, loving how you made them work together)

A Week ago everything was working fine, my partner create several post using the default editor.

Today we can not switch to the default editor and we can only use the Divi Editor for post.

After deactivating all my plugins one by one I found that Views was the only plugin that, after deactivation made the problem go.

I think this may be caused by an update
Could you please check on your side?
I have a dev site created for you to mess around as you need

Thanks a lot

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: Inglés (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

Well - could you please tell me with which post type you are having issue with?

Is the default WP post type, the one called Post and used for the blog.
Thanks

Minesh
Supporter

Well - I can see with following post that I can easily switch between divi builder and default editor. Am I missing anything here?

When you save the post the Divi Builder is back again.
Did you saved the post?

I took over the post you were in and the Divi builder is still there.

The point is that
1. I never switched to the builder and now I will loose every post unless I copy paste the test manually (in any other Divi site the test content remain when you switch to the default editor
2. I can not have my post saved with the default editor. It is always set to the Divi builder witch is not the way I create the post

Thanks

A quick update.

I did deactivate every plugin except Toolset and Views and the problem persisit

Thanks

Minesh
Supporter

When you save the post the Divi Builder is back again.
Did you saved the post?
==> No - I did not save the post yet. Could you please share one example post link that I can use for debug purpose. I just wanted to make sure that important content for your site should not be lost.

The point is that
1. I never switched to the builder and now I will loose every post unless I copy paste the test manually (in any other Divi site the test content remain when you switch to the default editor
==> Do you mean you were using default editor before and now after update - its showing divi builder by default and even after you switch to default editor and save the post - after saving post - its still back to divi builder?

2. I can not have my post saved with the default editor. It is always set to the Divi builder witch is not the way I create the post
=> You were created post content with default editor - correct? now it switches to divi builder.

==> No - I did not save the post yet. Could you please share one example post link that I can use for debug purpose. I just wanted to make sure that important content for your site should not be lost.

You can break the site, I made a clone of my live site for you to break it, do whatever you need (please ?

==> Do you mean you were using default editor before and now after update - its showing divi builder by default and even after you switch to default editor and save the post - after saving post - its still back to divi builder?

Yes! exactly. The only thing I'm not sure is the update I guess that the only reason should be an update. It can be magically changing just to bother me

=> You were created post content with default editor - correct? now it switches to divi builder.
Yes that's my problem

Thanks

This may be irrelevant but just want to make you know that I have a Content Template ( Content template for Single Post) that is using the Divi builder for its layout. I use a text module to tigger the shortcode of the Post Body [{!{wpv-post-body view_template="None"}!}]

Just in case, so that you don't have to figure out

Thanks once again

Minesh
Supporter

Yes - the issue is confirmed by Dev and reproduced. Please hold on for further updates.

Minesh
Supporter

Well - our Developers offer a hot fix in order to resolve this issue.

Could you please try to follow the instructions given with the following link and try to resolve your issue:
=> https://toolset.com/errata/divi-builder-takes-over-post-page-edit-screens-when-a-content-template-built-with-it-is-assigned-to-the-post-page/

Thanks so much for the fast support and for this nice workaround.
I've tested it and can confirm that is working. Post created before the problem are exactly as they were created.

Again, thanks for your help and sorry for my late response I was out of office.

Waiting for the next updtate 🙂
Thanks for been so amazing!
Have a nice weekend