Skip Navigation

[Resuelto] Update Fails with 2.2.1 "Update Failed: 502 Bad Gateway nginx/1.1.19

This support ticket is created hace 7 años, 7 meses. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 3 respuestas, has 2 mensajes.

Last updated by Ronald E hace 7 años, 7 meses.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Autor
types-update-error.jpg

I am trying to: update types plugin for all my clients sites.

Almost every time I'm getting this error after it appears to install.
"Update Failed:
502 Bad Gateway

502 Bad Gateway
nginx/1.1.19

<!-- a padding to disable MSIE and Chrome friendly error page -->

The website then goes into the "...scheduled maintenance" error page. I then have to FTP delete the types folder and manually install the Types 2.2.1 directory. Very time consuming.

What can I do to avoid this happening?

I then refresh the wordpress page and get this error.

The hidden link page isn’t working

hidden link is currently unable to handle this request.
HTTP ERROR 500

Dear Ronald,

There might be some PHP errors occur in your website when you upgrade the Types plugin, I suggest you try this when the problem occur again:
1) deactivate other plugins and switch to wordpress default theme, and test again
2) Enable PHP debug mode, copy and paste the debug logs here
PHP Debugging
In case you think that Types or Views are doing something wrong (what we call a bug), you should enable PHP error logging. Again, edit your wp-config.php file and add the following:

ini_set('log_errors',TRUE);
ini_set('error_reporting', E_ALL);
ini_set('error_log', dirname(__FILE__) . '/error_log.txt');
This will produce a file called ‘error_log.txt’ in your WordPress root directory. Make sure that the web server can create and write this file. If it cannot, use an FTP program to create the file and make it writable to Apache (normally, user www-data).
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/debugging-types-and-views/

For now, FTP'ing in and uploading the Types Plugin manually works and I'll proceed with that method. Hopefully future updates this bug will resolve itself or others with similar NGINX server configs, and more time on their hands, will do the above to help.

Thanks Luo for your time.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.