Skip Navigation

[Resuelto] Unable to display a map with a list of markers

This support ticket is created hace 5 años, 2 meses. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

Etiquetado: 

This topic contains 3 respuestas, has 2 mensajes.

Last updated by morktron hace 5 años, 2 meses.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Autor

I am trying to: Display a map with a list of markers

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

I expected to see: A map with multiple markers

Instead, I got: No markers

Markers work fine on singular post types such as this: hidden link - so I assume that rules out the issue being to do with the Google API

The map ID is correct, here is the code:

[wpv-layout-start]
	[wpv-items-found]
[wpv-map-render map_id="planet-local-initiatives-global-map"][/wpv-map-render]
	<!-- wpv-loop-start -->
		<wpv-loop>
          [wpv-map-marker map_id='planet-local-initiatives-global-map' marker_id='marker-2' marker_field='wpcf-address'][wpv-post-link][/wpv-map-marker]
		</wpv-loop>
	<!-- wpv-loop-end -->
	[/wpv-items-found]
	[wpv-no-items-found]
		<strong>[wpml-string context="wpv-views"]No items found[/wpml-string]</strong>
	[/wpv-no-items-found]
[wpv-layout-end]

Hello,

Thanks for the details, I can see the problem in your website.

Here are what I found:
1) In the post view "Planet Local initiatives map", you are using below map marker shortcode:
[wpv-map-marker map_id='planet-local-initiatives-global-map' marker_id='marker-2' marker_field='wpcf-address'][wpv-post-link][/wpv-map-marker]

It is using static marker_id: "marker-2", that will conduct problem if there are multiple results, you can assign a unique "marker_id" for each map marker, like this:

[wpv-map-marker map_id='planet-local-initiatives-global-map' marker_id='marker-[wpv-post-id]' marker_field='wpcf-address'][wpv-post-link][/wpv-map-marker]

2) And there might be some other compatibility problem in your website, in the URL you mentioned above:
hidden link

I can see some JS errors in my Chrome browser console window, for example:
WebSocket connection to 'hidden link' failed: Error during WebSocket handshake: Unexpected response code: 403
ErrorUtils caught an error: "<![EX[["Tried to listen to element of type %s from %s: %s","click","Error","C...". Subsequent errors won't be logged

Since Google map is depends on JavaScripts, it might conduct other unexpected result.

I have done below modifications in your website:
1) Edit the problem page, display the map shortcode + View shortcode

[wpv-map-render map_id="planet-local-initiatives-global-map"][/wpv-map-render]
[wpv-view name="planet-local-initiatives-map"]

2) Edit the post view,
hidden link

In section "Loop Editor", remove the map shortcode, and display below content template shortcode:

[wpv-post-body view_template="loop-item-in-planet-local-initiatives-map" suppress_filters="true"]

Notice, I have added attribute suppress_filters="true" into above content template shortcode, to prevent other plugins to change the content template outputs.

3) in section "Loop item in Planet Local initiatives map", display the marker shortcode:

[wpv-map-marker map_id='planet-local-initiatives-global-map' marker_id='marker-[wpv-post-id]' marker_field='wpcf-address'][wpv-post-link][/wpv-map-marker]

Test it in front-end:
hidden link

The map works fine, please check if it is fixed or not. thanks

Thanks Luo, you are amazing!

I never would have worked all of that out based on the documentation. I did wonder about the marker_id, it does makes sense.

It is not mentioned in the documentation and the screenshot has a regular marker_id, so the example given wouldn't work - https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/display-on-google-maps/displaying-markers-on-google-maps/#displaying-a-map-with-a-list-of-markers-coming-from-a-view

So it would be worth updating this info to cut down on support tickets.

Thanks again Luo 🙂

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.