Skip Navigation

[Resuelto] Translate strings of select field

This support ticket is created hace 6 años, 1 mes. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 4 respuestas, has 2 mensajes.

Last updated by mohammadD hace 6 años.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Autor

Tell us what you are trying to do? I want to translate the select field,

Is there any documentation that you are following? not yet i haven't find anything

Is there a similar example that we can see?i don't think so.

What is the link to your site?demoweb.aut.ac.ir

i want to translate a select field.it stores 1,2,3 in the database but i want to show different outputs , for example in english i show one ,two ,three and in persian i show یک،دو ، سه .

Hello,

I assume you using WPML to translate your website.

You just need to translate the option's "Display text" in custom select field created with Types plugin

For example:
1) Install WPML + WPML String Translation + WPML Translation Management
2) Dashboard-> WPML-> String translation
Select strings within domain: plugin Types (xx)
and search the option's "Display text", and translate it to what you want
3) Display it custom select field with Types shortcode:
For example:
[types field="my-select"][/types]
https://toolset.com/documentation/customizing-sites-using-php/functions/#select
It will be able to display the translated text in different languages version.

i have done that and it appears that the selects won't change in the admin panel. i think what you mean is that they will display as translated in the front end when i use content templates or views right ?

The change should be able to take effect on wordpress admin side too, it should be able to translate the "Display text" of custom select field in different language, If the problem still persists, please provide a database dump file (ZIP file) of your website in below private detail box, also point out the problem page URL and the problem custom select field, I need to test and debug it in my localhost, thanks

Yeah as you said it was done. thanks to you i have a multi language website now

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.