Skip Navigation

[Resuelto] Toolset Types\Blocks, go to Ninja Forms dashboard causes 100% Physical Mem Usage

This support ticket is created hace 3 años, 1 mes. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

This topic contains 10 respuestas, has 2 mensajes.

Last updated by lindsayH hace 3 años, 1 mes.

Assisted by: Christian Cox.

Autor

When going to Ninja Forms > Dashboard I get Checking Connection. Loading Forms. It's a very long wait and sometimes nothing happens at all. This is because it's using all the Physical Memory Usage allocated by my hosting account.

If I deactivate both Types and Blocks all seems to be well. With Toolset Types deactivated still an issue. With Toolset Blocks deactivated it's sometimes high, but on the whole isn't a noticeable issue in the backend. With them both activated the Physical Memory Usage and I/O can be at or very near the 100.00%

I/O Usage can be at 100% just when switching from one menu to another in the backend.

Okay I'll be glad to take a closer look. Is it possible to access server logs for this site to see if any errors or warnings are produced? If you're not familiar with logs, I can show you how to activate one temporarily. In a standard wp-config.php file, look for

define('WP_DEBUG', false);

Change it to:

define('WP_DEBUG', true);

Then add these lines, just after the WP_DEBUG line:

define('WP_DEBUG_LOG', dirname(__FILE__) . '/error_log.txt');
define( 'WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false );
@ini_set( 'display_errors', 0 );
define('WP_DISABLE_FATAL_ERROR_HANDLER',true);

Upload this wp-config.php file back to your server, then reload the Ninja Forms dashboard page with Types active. If any server-side notices, warnings or errors are generated, you'll see a new file appear on the server called error_log.txt. You may need to click "refresh" if you're using FTP to see the new file appear. If you find one, download it and open it in any text editor software. If it's a large document, it might be best to upload it to Drive or Dropbox and post a download link here for me. Otherwise you can copy + paste the contents directly into your next reply.

Then you can revert the changes in wp-config.php to turn off debugging and delete the error_log.txt file from the server.

Thanks for your help Christian...

This is all the error log had in it?

[02-Feb-2021 22:45:40 UTC] PHP Deprecated: genesis_footer_creds_text is deprecated since version 3.1.0! Use genesis_pre_get_option_footer_text instead. This filter is no longer supported. You can now modify your footer text using the Theme Settings. in /home/mysite/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 5234

Okay I'm asking my team for some advice on how to proceed here, and I'll update you shortly.

May I create a clone of this site? I'd like to install a copy on one of our servers so I can monitor memory and I/O during testing. I can use the Duplicator or All-in-One WP Migration plugin to create a clone and copy it over if you provide login credentials here.

The site is very slow to respond, and I get 503 errors just navigating around the dashboard. Is it okay for me to deactivate Toolset temporarily so I can make the clone? If you'd like, we can install a Maintenance Mode plugin or something to put the site in Maintenance Mode temporarily. Let me know how you'd like to proceed, I didn't want to assume anything.

I just tried to do an UpdraftPlus backup and that is pushing the Memory and I/O up to 100% when running.
I used this many times for their site before, but they've just moved their site to GoDaddy on going live. I'm wondering now if it's more lack of resources on their new server?

For Physical Memory Usage they have 513 MB
For I/O Usage they have 1 MB/s

They've also wanted me to DISABLE_WP_CRON (which affects the running of the backup for UpdraftPlus). Just mentioning here too in case an issue.

In answer to your last question, I think that was me trying to run UpdraftPlus backup. I've stopped that now and I'm downloading instead from cPanel.

There is already Health Check and Troubleshooting installed (not activated) so you can use that. It doesn't like the 2021 default theme, so it reports an issue with the theme. Hopefully the developers will sort that out soon.

I used this many times for their site before, but they've just moved their site to GoDaddy on going live. I'm wondering now if it's more lack of resources on their new server?
Could be, I'm making a clone now so I can install it on a different environment and see if there are any noticeable issues.

The cloned site runs pretty well in my local environment. When I load the Ninja Forms dashboard page, I can see the page itself loads quite fast. Then Ninja Forms issues 6 AJAX requests while the "Loading Forms" message is displayed. Each of those AJAX requests takes 5-7 seconds, depending on how much memory I allocate to my local PHP environment. I've run it with 256MB and 512MB memory allocated to PHP and WordPress, and it seems to run pretty well in both cases. So at this point, I am under the impression that the server hardware setup is the main limitation here. Perhaps there is a beefier service plan they can upgrade to? I just don't see any errors that would indicate a failure by Toolset here, and my system isn't crashing or throwing memory errors.

Superb support. Thank you for all the work you put in to looking at the issue. It's much appreciated.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.