Skip Navigation

[Resuelto] Toolset Post Forms not triggering Better Notifications for WP

This support ticket is created hace 4 años, 11 meses. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Autor

I have used Toolset to create a membership site. Users login and they can use Toolset Post Forms to create a new post that users can see and comment on. The problem is New Post Notifications does not trigger inside Better Notifications for WP . If I go inside WordPress and create a post it will trigger but not on the Membership Create A Post page even though those post show up in the WP admin after creation. Then when a user comes in and comments on said posts, the BNFW comment nogifications works as expected and sends to the Post Author.

The comment notifications works fine, plus I use “Lightweight Subscribe To Comments” which works brilliantly so I know my website is sending emails appropriately.

Any ideas how to correct this or what my next steps should be?

Shane
Supporter

Languages: Inglés (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Ronald,

Thank you for contacting our support forum.

From what I gather the "Better Notifications for WP" isn't listening for posts created on the frontend. It seems to be only responding to backend entries.

What I would recommend that you do is to get in touch with the support team for the plugin and ask them if this is possible. The reason is because any plugin that creates content on the frontend will have the same issue.

Thanks,
Shane

Thank you for your response. I have reached out to the Plugin author as well.

In my research on this problem I saw this support question https://toolset.com/forums/topic/custom-fields-not-using-the-update_post_meta-function/ and I believe it is more related to that then "any plugin that creates content on the frontend will have the same issues".

Is there more insight you could provide?

Shane
Supporter

Hi Ronald,

Yes because we have our won internal functions to save the data to the database for the custom fields.

This is because some custom fields need to have a special fomatting such as the checkbox fields and the select fields

As waqar recommended I would suggest a feature request for this as well.
https://toolset.com/home/contact-us/suggest-a-new-feature-for-toolset/

Thanks,
Shane

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

For anyone else that stumbled upon this question here is the fix.

hidden link

Now everything works as expected.

Hello Ronald,

We have the same issue.

Unfortunately I can not view the link you posted for the fix, it's shown as a hidden link.

Best regards,
Simon

Shane
Supporter

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.