Skip Navigation

[Resuelto] Toolset menu not visible in Visual Builder and Toolset shortcodes…

This support ticket is created hace 5 años, 11 meses. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- - 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Ho_Chi_Minh (GMT+07:00)

Etiquetado: 

This topic contains 16 respuestas, has 3 mensajes.

Last updated by Beda hace 5 años, 10 meses.

Assisted by: Beda.

Autor
Local_offices___GLOBAL.jpg
Local_offices___normal.jpg
Local_offices___Blurb settings.jpg
Settings1.jpg

Hello i'm working on a new project using Divi and Toolset. This has been a great combi for me for lots of projects, but at this moment i'm getting more and more frustrated... maybe i'm missing something or things changed lately with al the Divi updates and Toolset updates...

1. In the font end I don't see the "Toolset Shortcode" menu anymore in the admin bar... i've set it to always display... see attached screenshot (Settings1.jpg). This means working I need to open up another page on the backend for copying and pasting Toolset shortcodes...

2. The toolset shortcodes aren't always processed... for example when using the shortcode in a module it works okay... but as soon as you save the mode as a global item it isn't processed anymore...

The power of the new shortcodes for me was that i could use them as field values... think about Blurb titles that get dynamically filled with the page title... image url etc... The ideal situation wouldbe that it works in global items also! For example i'm creating standard Divi Layouts (Divi Library Items) that can be loaded by the client... it has some fields that automatically are being filled and locked. So the client can only edit the content of a page... all the other builder modules, sections etc are locked... The power of the global items is that I as a developer can change the settings in the library once and it is being changed on all pages where this item is used. But that doesn't seem to work...

See attached screenshots:
- Local_offices___Blurb settings.jpg --> the used shortcodes (in title and body)
- Local_offices___normal.jpg --> result on page
- Local_offices___GLOBAL.jpg --> result on page when saving the module as Global

Are these knows issues? Is there a work around?

Hi,

Thanks for contacting the Toolset support forum.

According to our policy: https://toolset.com/toolset-support-policy/ we only handle only one issue peer a ticket.

I'm going to handle the first point here in this ticket and will open a new ticket for the second point.

On my localhost, I tried to replicate the issue with the latest Divi and Latest Toolset but I couldn't because the Toolset shortcodes menu appears everywhere.

So, it could be a conflict with another plugin or custom code that removes our menu.

Anyway, please check if the issue exists while only Toolset and Divi are active and let me know the result.

If the issue exists while only Toolset and Divi are active, then I will need to have a copy of your website to check the issue on.

You can use the (Duplicator) plugin to prepare the copy of your website and upload it to an uploading platform then share the download link with me in the next private reply.

Thanks.

Hello Mohammed,
I already tried checking with Divi theme and only Toolset Plugins activated. And also the the issue occurs...

For your information... it is a WordPress Network / Multi site setup...

Some extra info:
This development version is installed on a subdomain... e.g. sub.domain.com
WordPress itself is installed in a sub folder on this sub domain... e.g. sub.domain.com/wp/
The Home of the site is pointing to the subdomain... e.g. sub.domain.com
The network is configured using folder... Main site e.g. sub.domain.com .. second site sub.domain.com/site2/
The subdomain / wp install is running over SSL

As it is a WPMU config... i cannot create a copy with duplicator... if needed i can create a ZIP with the files and a DB extract...

I can also create an additional extra dev environment with the same setup.. check if the issue still persists and if so give you admin and ftp credentials.

what would you suggest?

Hi Herre,

I think that the best here is to prepare an archive of the files and a database dump.

I will try to install this website locally and debug the issue.

I will set the next reply as a private one so that you can provide the information securely.

Thanks.

Hi,

I'm sorry for the long waiting time.

I've spent a lot of time to deploy your installation locally but unfortunately, I failed.

Can you please try again using all in one wp migration plugin : hidden link

Thanks.

To be able to migrate a WPMU you need the multisite extention for All in One WP migration which costs 199,-

To be able to use the dump you should add the files to a sub domain. Otherwise it's hard to get it up and running.
Edit de wp-config including the network lines... and run a search andc replace script. For example the one from interconnectit.

I will create an extra installation to test the issue as soon as possible. Have a deadline this week first.

1. In the font end I don't see the "Toolset Shortcode" menu anymore in the admin bar.

I cannot confirm this locally neither with DIVI or any other Builder.
But this is a MultiSite install, hence you need the required Plugins on the network and all settings must apply to the network, and I know that there are a few settings we cannot push throughout a network due to security issues.

This may be the source of this problem here.
Is it possible to Quickly see your setup live, so I can mimic it locally?
This would avoid to even need to duplicate your site.

2. The issue with the not executing shortcodes is known

The issue—confirmed—is that in Global Modules shortcodes in the curly-brace format do not work but the same shortcodes in the normal square bracket format do. (The problem being that our GUI inserts them like {!{ }!} .)
https://toolset.com/forums/topic/new-version-post-fields-curly-brackets-dont-function-with-divi-global-modules/
Moreover, ShortCodes with nested ShortCodes will fail as well.

__Divi_CPT_LI_-_Toolset_Test.jpg

REMARK: I checked in a single WordPress install in (subdirectory install) and also there, when I enable visual builder... I also don't see the Toolset menu in the admin bar... I really believe this was there in te past? or am I simply mixed-up myself?

This install is on another server... subdomain install... latest wordpress and toolset... only divi, types and views active.

Bildschirmfoto 2018-06-07 um 14.03.00.png

I installed Toolset on a MS and can see the Toolset ShortCode WordPress Admin Bar menu everywhere.
Of course, I am super admin.

I can see it on your site as well - please check the screenshot.

Anything I miss?

Hi Beda, yes... what I mean is on the front-end ... so I can use it in the Divi Visual Builder

Now I am confused.

This never was the case.
"Show the Toolset shortcodes menu in the admin bar in all the admin pages"

That is what the setting says, it should apply only to the admin area, not to the front end.

I do believe this never was different.

Further that is not how it's intended to mix Toolset and Builders.
We offer to style Content Templates with Builders, not posts (single).

That, is only possible in the admin as well.

I believe, this is a confusion, as I tested and confirmed this locally as well, and it makes sense, we say that this is a Admin pages menu item.

Maybe I am wrong, but I can not recall that this was to the front end, and apologize that I understood the general button, not the front end specifically as you meant.

I'm not sure anymore Beda if it was available in the past or not... I thought it was... but I can be wrong in this case.

I know your point of view related to using Toolset and Templates... but as you must confirm by yourself too... Toolset Templates and Divi do not fully support each other flawlessly.

That is why lots of divi users use Plugins such as Layout Injector from Sean Barton (see our previous discussion on this topic: https://toolset.com/forums/topic/support-for-new-shortcode-structure-in-post-layouts-created-in-the-divi-library/). Toolset has great support for Divi, but not for Content Templates...
I won't discuss that any further... I guess we both have a different view upon using Toolset and Divi... But really you would be amazed what is possible when combining the power of Toolset Types and Views in combination with Divi Layouts (not toolset layout / content templates).

Will there be any possibility to have an option to enable the Toolset Shortcode menu in the Admin Bar while looking at the front end of the website...? This could com in handy when someone for example would add a view that creates a Google Map, Create an overview with filters in a Page while using the Divi Visual Builder in stead of the Divi Builder on the Back-end.

I believe this will be a feature request for more people now Elegant Themes had anouched a while ago to add Page en Post Template management som weeks ago. This means, they will support standard page and post templates out of the box. If we could add Toolset Shortcodes to those templates the sky is the limit out of the box. At this moment the third party Plugin Layout Injector is needed for this...

Like I already said, I love how you guys try to support the use of the Divi Builder in Content Templates, but this has too much draw backs in my opinion.

So could you maybe forward my request to de devs?

For sore, opening two browers one in visual builder and another one in the backend open, offers me quick copy and pasting of the shortcodes.

Thank you in advance. I'm sorry for the miscommunication and time it has taken.

This was never present in the front end I fear:
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/toolset-shortcodes-menu/

I cannot recall, or see this, and the DOC is as well only picking backend examples.
I would really need to know what version you used, as before this very update the button for me is not there in the front end, and as well, I do not recall having seen that in previous version either.

I will however query with the DEV if we can add that.
I can imagine that there are some restrictions of scripts that are not present in the front end, but then, as Admin we should be able to do that.

I will see to update you here once I get a general feedback to this idea.

Most pagebuilders make sure that the admin bar is not shown in their frontend editors... so this would work only on the ones that do show it.

As a base, we have the pagebuilders integrations (which is about designing mostly the CT's with the builders, or any other form of integration we offer) - such as Toolset buttons added to their(the builders) editor blocks (this is active by default and should work properly in most cases).

It seems it is not a required feature for most builders as those won't even show the bar.

I probably must be wrong... that it never has been there... in the past I developed most Divi Layouts on the backend Divi Builder...

But lately I'm using the front-end visual builder more and more... And then I'm missing a quick way adding Toolset Shortcodes.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.