Skip Navigation

[Resuelto] Toolset gallery block captions broken

Este hilo está resuelto. Aquí tiene una descripción del problema y la solución.

Problem:
The user would like to add captions to a Toolset gallery images.

Solution:
Toolset gallery block pulls the captions of the images from the WordPress Media Library. The caption needs to be added there, not inside the block.

This support ticket is created hace 3 años. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 - - 9:00 – 13:00
14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 - - 14:00 – 18:00

Supporter timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+00:00)

Etiquetado: 

This topic contains 2 respuestas, has 2 mensajes.

Last updated by martinE-4 hace 3 años.

Assisted by: Jamal.

Autor

I am trying to:
enter static caption text in toolset gallery block

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:
local
I expected to see:
should allow me to type in text
Instead, I got:
cannot type in the caption field - it shows up - can change line height etc but no ability to actually type in the caption text field in the back end editor - tried with GeneratePress and 2020 theme. Neither worked. Using WordPress 5.7 latest Toolset Blocks / Types

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: Inglés (English ) Francés (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+00:00)

Hello and thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

Either the gallery's images are static or dynamic. When adding static images, you can enter the caption for each image in the media manager. Check this screenshot hidden link

If you are pulling the images dynamically, from a Toolset image field, you need to make sure that each image has a caption in the Media Library.

I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any questions.

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!
Sorry, I didn't realize I had to "Edit Gallery" inside the media manager to enter a caption. I was trying to enter it directly in the back end on top of each image where a caption field was 'displayed'. I obviously misunderstood the user interface cues.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.