Skip Navigation

[Resuelto] Toolset Forms Update to 2.2.1.1 Broked Some of My Associations

This support ticket is created hace 5 años, 2 meses. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 5 respuestas, has 2 mensajes.

Last updated by Minesh hace 5 años, 2 meses.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Autor
broken-associations.jpg

My clients site was working fine and I updated from Toolset Forms 2.2.1 to 2.2.1.1 and the majority of articles that have writers asscoated with them lost their association. Some still work though... so it's strange. The code works, something is not working in Toolset Forms that was working before.

Please let me know what you need.
Ron

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: Inglés (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

Well - In order to debug this issue, Could you please share staging site where I can see the issue. Please share problem URLs with access details.

In addition to that, please share details about posts where you claim association works and does not work.

*** Please make a FULL BACKUP of your database and website.***
I would also eventually need to request temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP) to your site. Preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible in order to be of better help and check if some configurations might need to be changed.

I would additionally need your permission to de- and re-activate Plugins and the Theme, and to change configurations on the site. This is also a reason the backup is really important. If you agree to this, please use the form fields I have enabled below to provide temporary access details (wp-admin and FTP).

I have set the next reply to private which means only you and I have access to it.

deleted and move to private message area

Minesh
Supporter

Do you mean that if I will downgrade the Types plugin to 3.2.1 the associations showing in backend and it also gets displayed at front-end? If yes, that means until Types 3.2.1 all fine but upgrade to 3.2.4 causes the issue - correct?

I believe so. Or/and Views going from 2.7.1 to 2.7.2. I also think Forms 2.2.1 to 2.2.1.1 started the ball rolling off the cliff. At one time all the articles had writers associated with them. When I was upgrading the plugins, I updated forms then realized I better make a backup before I do the rest.

You can see from the current live site all the articles and only around 60% have associations to Writers.
hidden link

It should be and was 100%.

Minesh
Supporter

Well - we need to identify the original cause of this issue. Either it should be Views or Forms as well as at which point it gets broken while using forms or while using views or when you update the posts from the backend.

You should always keep backup of your site so in any worst situation you can restore your site.

Could you please check the things setp by step:
- Please try to update the post from backend - do you see any issue?
- Try to add/edit the post using Froms - do you see any issue?
- Try to use view - do you see any issue?
- Try to check with old set of Toolset plugins using which you claim it used to work and then try to update plugin and follow above steps one by one.

Once you able to find the issue from where it affects the associations, please share all required details and I would be happy to help you further.

I have set the next reply to private which means only you and I have access to it.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.