Skip Navigation

[Resuelto] Taxonomy count for a post

Este hilo está resuelto. Aquí tiene una descripción del problema y la solución.

Problem:

The issue here is that the user wanted to count the number of terms that is attached to a post.

Solution:

// Add Shortcode
function count_post_terms( $atts ) {
    // Attributes
    $atts = shortcode_atts(
        array(
            'post_id' => '',
            'taxonomy' => '',
        ),
        $atts
    );
    $terms = wp_get_post_terms( $atts['post_id'], $atts['taxonomy']);
    return count($terms);
}

add_shortcode( 'count_post_terms', 'count_post_terms' );

Add the shortcode above to your functions.php file and you can use this shortcode [count_post_terms] to count the terms attached to a post.

The exact example is.

[count_post_terms post_id='[wpv-post-id]' taxonomy='category']
In order to use this in our views conditional shortcode you need to add it to our views 3rd party shortcode arguments in Toolset->Settings->Frontend Content.

This support ticket is created hace 5 años, 8 meses. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Etiquetado: 

This topic contains 2 respuestas, has 2 mensajes.

Last updated by Tim Elliott hace 5 años, 8 meses.

Assisted by: Shane.

Autor

Tell us what you are trying to do?
I have a post type "Products" which has a taxonomy "Brochures". Some products have a single brochure, some have more than one, some have none.

I need to format the content template depending on how many brochures there are.
i.e.
[wpv-conditional if="( [number_of_brochures] eq 0 )"]Do Something[/wpv-conditional]
[wpv-conditional if="( [number_of_brochures] eq 1 )"]Do Something else[/wpv-conditional]
[wpv-conditional if="( [number_of_brochures] eq 2 )"]Do Something different[/wpv-conditional]

Is there a shortcode I can use to get a count of the brochures for a particular product?

Is there any documentation that you are following?
I've looked through the shortcode documentation but there doesn't seem to be one for this.
[wpv-taxonomy-post-count] does it in reverse - counts post for a taxonomy but doesn't count taxonomies for a post.
[wpv-post-taxonomy type="product-brochure" show="count"] also counts how many posts with that taxonomy, not the number of taxonomies attached to current post.

Is there a similar example that we can see?

What is the link to your site?
hidden link but it's in development at the moment. I can provide access if needed.

Hopefully an easy one...

Thanks
Tim

Shane
Supporter

Languages: Inglés (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Tim,

Thank you for contacting our support forum.

// Add Shortcode
function count_post_terms( $atts ) {
	// Attributes
	$atts = shortcode_atts(
		array(
			'post_id' => '',
			'taxonomy' => '',
		),
		$atts
	);
	$terms = wp_get_post_terms( $atts['post_id'], $atts['taxonomy']);
	return count($terms);
}
add_shortcode( 'count_post_terms', 'count_post_terms' );

Add the shortcode above to your functions.php file and you can use this shortcode [count_post_terms] to count the terms attached to a post.

The exact example is.

[count_post_terms post_id='[wpv-post-id]' taxonomy='category']

In order to use this in our views conditional shortcode you need to add it to our views 3rd party shrotcode arguments in Toolset->Settings->Frontend Content.

Thanks,
Shane

Thanks Shane. Perfect.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.