Skip Navigation

[Resuelto] Split: View list with checkbox for select rows and update selected rows submit broken – emails not working

This support ticket is created hace 4 años, 5 meses. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 8 respuestas, has 2 mensajes.

Last updated by mikeB-14 hace 4 años, 5 meses.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Autor

Hi Minesh

1. Select Home from Menu and then Evalualtion System
2. Then Select 31/05/2019 and Search your for events
3. You will see Wisteria
4. Click Task Link
5. Click Bulk Email Request Delegates
6. You will see the 2 delegate select both
7. Before you do that you could edit or add a delegate to match a email address you can get the notifications
8. You can have the same email address on all of them ust for testing it does send notification to all.
9. when you click the dupdate button
10. you will see this update results form page
11. Tick the email Request button and the send email request button to delegates
12. This will then update the email request flag and trigger the notification to each selected delegate.
Hope this helps
Tony

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: Inglés (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

Thank you for sharing the step information. I've added the email log plugin to check and verify if emails are sending or not. I can see that the emails are actually sent. Please check the following email logs;
=> hidden link

Even I got the email on my inbox, please check the following screenshot:
=> hidden link

Do you mean that it does not send multiple emails when you checkmark select all checkbox on the following page?
=> hidden link
- I do not know why I do not see now another entry, at first I used to see two entry with the above URL and now I can only see one entry.

I also see that you are currently working on the site as I see the message when I try to check the Toolset form "Update selected delegates". Can you please tell me at what case the emails are not working and I will try to troubleshoot the issue further.

step5.JPG

Hi Minesh

So on the Update Selected Delegate post form is where the system should run the custom code to bulk update the email request field which should trigger an email notification to each selected delegate.

Currently, it is only sending the email notification just 1 delegate , which is incorrect

It should send to all selected in that loop.

So i have 2 email addresses setup on the delegates

tony.gilpin@wolterskluwer.com
tonygil8170@gmail.com

If i select the 2 of them only first one gets the email tony.gilpin@wolterskluwer.com

The second one does not.

If i select the second 1 tonygil8170@gmail.com , it does not trigger an email

Please note you have to reset the email request checkbox as it only triggers it the checkbox is change to ticked.

The custom code handles this is bulk_email_request_update

Hope that helps

Tony

Minesh
Supporter

Ok - so as I suspected, the email should be sent to all the selected entries. that's clear.

The custom code handles this is bulk_email_request_update
==>
ok, I see the custom code is added to the "Custom Code" section offered by Toolset where you are updating the custom field "email-request'" field value to 1.

Can you please clarify, why I only see one entry with the following page, it used to be two?
hidden link

Do I need to setup/add delegates from the Delegates group available at the bottom of the following page:
=> hidden link

Once, you share the information, I will be on it.

Hi Minesh

This is a staging site , so you are ok to play with the data

You can add more delegates ..

I have added some more for you

Tony

Minesh
Supporter

Ok - something really strange happening with your test site.

Let's say, you should try to add the at least three delegates to delegates group at the bottom of the following page:
=> hidden link

Then, try to load the following URL:
=> hidden link

You will see three delegates to send email, now select all three checkboxes to send notification and click on
the button "Dupdate" and then check the checkbox "Email Request" and then click on the button "click to send email request to selected delegates".

The current status;
- I do not see even a single notification send now (did you modified any code? Is your server blocking multiple emails?)
- Strange thing is that, you will notice if you refresh the page:
=> hidden link
- The delegates group will have now only two entry, it should be three as we send the notification to three delegates.
(You will notice if you have two delegates and send email to two delegates, once you send email requires the delegates group will have now one entry - this is really weired)

In addition to that, site is really slow, so to check and troubleshoot this further, I need duplicator copy of your install so that I can install the site on my local test install and troubleshoot this issue further.

Can you please send me duplicator copy of your test site:
=> https://toolset.com/faq/provide-supporters-copy-site/
Note: Please deactivate any authentication plugins before generating duplicator copy.

I have set the next reply to private which means only you and I have access to it.

Hi Minesh

We use wp mailgun for the email sending .

I will check the logs on mailgun and see waht it shows.

Come back to you soon
Tony

Minesh
Supporter

Sure - please first make emails working so this can be tested further.

Also, try to locate the issue, when you sent delegates notifications, why delegates entries are deleted?
I mentioned that in my previous reply:
=> https://toolset.com/forums/topic/split-view-list-with-checkbox-for-select-rows-and-update-selected-rows-submit-broken-emails-not-working/#post-1386927

I already see you are using almost 70 plugins, try to check with only Toolset plugins active in order to minimize the cause of your issue.

My issue is resolved now
The issue was related to the last screen with was the step5 Delegates update form

In the form
[credform]
[cred_field field='form_messages' class='alert alert-warning']
<div class="form-group">
<div><label>Ticking the email request box will send an Email Request to all the delegates you selected</label></div>
<div><label>Once you have ticked email request box click the button below to send requests and update delegate records</label></div>
<div style="display:none">[types field='delegate-email' output='raw'][/types]</div>
[cred_field field='email-request' force_type='field' class='form-control' output='bootstrap']

</div>

I had not put the field
<div style="display:none">[types field='delegate-email' output='raw'][/types]</div> on the form, so in the email notification the field for the email TO delegate-email was not not shown in the dropdow list.

I had added the field , but set it not to display on the form .
This not works and sends to all selected delegates.

Thank you! Minesh for all your help

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.