Skip Navigation

[Resuelto] Sidebar appearing at the bottom of the page

This support ticket is created hace 5 años, 12 meses. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 -
- 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 -

Supporter timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

This topic contains 6 respuestas, has 2 mensajes.

Last updated by ericL-12 hace 5 años, 11 meses.

Assisted by: Nigel.

Autor
Screenshot (54).png

I am trying to: Setup my layouts

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

I expected to see: No sidebar.

Instead, I got: Sidebar at the bottom.

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: Inglés (English ) Español (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Hi Eric

The sidebar is getting added by WooCommerce in conjunction with your theme, even though you are using the WooCommerce Views template for single product posts.

You'll need to do the following:

- make a folder 'woocommerce' in your theme directory, and copy the single-product.php template from plugins/woocommerce-views/templates/single-product.php

- edit the file you just copied and comment out lines 74 and 83, i.e.

// do_action('woocommerce_after_main_content');

// do_action('woocommerce_sidebar');

Go to Toolset > WooCommerce Views and for the product template file choose the custom product template from your theme (the file you just edited).

That should prevent WooCommerce adding the sidebar to the page.

Hello Nigel,

I did what you said and it's still showing the sidebar.

Nigel
Supporter

Hi Eric

I looked at your settings in Toolset > WooCommerce Views and the copied version of the template is not showing up as a custom theme template you can use for single posts.

It looks like you copied the template into your parent theme but I think it needs to be in the active (child) theme to be recognised. Could you make the /woocommerce/ folder in your child theme and copy the template to there and see if it then appears as an option in Toolset > WooCommerce Views for the single product template?

Nigel
Supporter

Hi Eric

I have another client reporting the same thing with the flatsome theme and I'm going to escalate this to see if my colleagues can identify a possible fix other than the edits I suggested.

I'll let you know when there is something to report.

Hello Nigel,

Do you have an approximate date for this to be solved? We are launching the site in about 4 days. Maybe a css trick to hide sidebar in some custom posts but not in other ones?

Thank you,

Eric

Thank you

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.