Skip Navigation

[Cerrado] Separate Parametric Search Filters on WordPress Archives

This support ticket is created hace 7 años, 7 meses. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 -
- 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 -

Supporter timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

This topic contains 3 respuestas, has 2 mensajes.

Last updated by Nigel hace 7 años, 7 meses.

Assisted by: Nigel.

Autor

Hello,

My site is currently using a regular view for WordPress Archives pages because it uses infinite scroll. Now that this option is available for WordPress Archives views, I would like to switch to it because it uses correct SEO pagination. One thing I require however, is the ability to split the view's layout and filter sections, just like regular views can. Is there any way to do this?

Thanks

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: Inglés (English ) Español (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Sorry George

For archives that is not possible.

On normal custom searches it is when you insert the search View into a page that you have the option of splitting the filter section from the output section, but you don't insert the archive View because it takes over the whole archive page.

The only solution is to create a custom search which mimics the archive and insert that View onto a page (splitting the filters from the output as you require), and use that page for displaying the "archive", but it sounds like that is what you are already doing, no?

I understand. In that case, I'm going to try and move all of the HTML from the top section of my page into the filter section of the archive view and see how that works. I'll keep this open just in case!

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: Inglés (English ) Español (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Good luck, George.

Let me know if you have any problems, and if all goes well you might close this.

Thanks

El debate ‘[Cerrado] Separate Parametric Search Filters on WordPress Archives’ está cerrado y no admite más respuestas.