Skip Navigation

[Resuelto] Save partial forms

This support ticket is created hace 3 años, 10 meses. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 2 respuestas, has 2 mensajes.

Last updated by DavidZ1525 hace 3 años, 10 meses.

Assisted by: Waqar.

Autor

Tell us what you are trying to do?
I have a custom post type that has around 100 fields, aimed for medical purposes. I am trying to allow users to save partial forms, and continue editing afterwards or right away. I am afraid users will loose all input if there is an error, connection error, whatever.

Is there any documentation that you are following?
Yes, Toolset forms documentation.

Is there a similar example that we can see?
Yes, this: hidden link

What is the link to your site?
hidden link

Thanks!

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: Inglés (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting us and I'd be happy to assist.

The Toolset Forms for posts can be used in two ways:

1. Creating a new post
( ref: https://toolset.com/documentation/getting-started-with-toolset/publish-content-from-the-front-end/forms-for-creating-content/ )

2. Editing an existing post
( ref: https://toolset.com/documentation/getting-started-with-toolset/publish-content-from-the-front-end/forms-for-editing/ )

Although there is no specific feature available to save partial form submissions, you can use the following approach:

1. In your member's area, you can offer a post form for creating a new post, with only a few absolutely required main fields.

2. In the same member's area, you can offer another section that shows links to another form, which can be used to edit existing posts created by that user.

This edit form can include all fields, which the user can edit at any time, as needed. Additionally, if those fields can be virtually grouped/categorized, you can even use multiple edit forms for editing the same existing post, so that the user is not overwhelmed by so many fields in a single form.

I hope this helps and please let me know if you need any further assistance around this.

regards,
Waqar

Thanks! this works as a workaround.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.