Skip Navigation

[Resuelto] Reference a post from another post?

This support ticket is created hace 11 años, 3 meses. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 19:00 10:00 – 19:00 10:00 – 19:00 10:00 – 19:00 10:00 – 19:00 -
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+01:00)

This topic contains 4 respuestas, has 2 mensajes.

Last updated by Stanislav hace 11 años, 3 meses.

Assisted by: Caridad.

Autor

Here's an example of what I want to achieve:
- "Dog" content type
- "Kennel" content type

Every dog belongs to a kennel, so I would like to have a field in Dog where you can pick from all the Kennels available. Then on the views side when I template a Dog I'd like to also be able to insert the Kennel data on the same page.

Please let me know how to do this in Types.

Dear Stanislav,

You need to establish a parent/child relationship between Kennel (parent) and Dog (child). While editing a Dog you will be able to assign the Kennel from a dropdown. There is more information about this here:
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/creating-post-type-relationships/

And to display parent fields in the Content Template, you have to use the id attribute for the shortcodes. You would use something like [wpv-post-link id="$kennel"].
Have a look here for a better explanation:
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/displaying-fields-of-parent-pages/

Please let me know if there is anything else that I can assist you with.

Regards,
Caridad

CardidaZ: Thank you.

Can you advise me on how to use fields in $kennel inside a childs template? Like if Kennel had a text field called "kennel-name", how would I use that from a Dog view (Dog being a child of Kennel)

Dear Stanislav,

It would be like this:

[types field="kennel-name" id="$kennel"][/types]

Please let me know if there is anything else that I can assist you with.

Regards,
Caridad

Thanks, it works! It'd be great if you could extend the help section you linked previously to include a couple more examples!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.