Skip Navigation

[Cerrado] Quality of resized images in views is bad

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Etiquetado: 

This topic contains 7 respuestas, has 3 mensajes.

Last updated by Caridad hace 7 años, 9 meses.

Assigned support staff: Caridad.

Autor

Can you configure the quality of the images that are resized through the use of views shortcodes? The default setting makes my images very grainy and blocky, where can I configure a higher quality level for jpg resize?

Dear Stanislav,

WordPress uses the server-side GD Library to create the thumbnails and your hosting provider is responsible for the configuration of the library, including the quality of the images that it produces.

Please let me know if there is anything else that I can assist you with.

Regards,
Caridad

CardidaZ: Thanks. Can you point me in which core file WP-Views does the resizing? I would like to see the implementation.

Dear Stanislav,

We dont do any resizing in either Types or Views plugins. It is WordPress that does the resizing. Adding these lines to functions.php may improve the quality of resizing:

add_filter( 'jpeg_quality', 'jpeg_full_quality' );
function jpeg_full_quality( $quality ) { return 100; }

Regards,
Caridad

Loc

Hi Caridad,

Whenever I add any script of code to the Headway theme's functions.php, it would always disrupt the functionalities of the visual editor.
Is there a specific configuration that I need to do to keep it to make it work properly?

Loc

Dear Loc,

A good place to place it is either right at the top, just after the opening php tag: <?php

Or right at the end, before the ending php tag: ?>

Please note that the ending tag can be skipped

Regards,
Caridad

Loc

Yes it's still causing the visual editor to not function correctly.

So do I add these changes in the backend under Appearance->Editor then choose HeadwayBase and Theme Functions (functions.php) and add it there?

Dear Loc,

I dont have the headway theme here, but there is another way of adding this code.
Create a file called jpeg-quality.php in your plugins folder. Paste this content inside it:

<?php
/*
Plugin Name: 100% jpeg quality
*/

add_filter( 'jpeg_quality', 'jpeg_full_quality' );
function jpeg_full_quality( $quality ) { return 100; }

?>

And go to your administration tool to enable the plugin.

Regards,
Caridad

El debate ‘[Cerrado] Quality of resized images in views is bad’ está cerrado y no admite más respuestas.