Skip Navigation

[Resuelto] Problems after upgrading to Views 1.11

This support ticket is created hace 8 años, 5 meses. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- - 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Ho_Chi_Minh (GMT+07:00)

Etiquetado: 

This topic contains 12 respuestas, has 4 mensajes.

Last updated by jasonH-4 hace 8 años, 5 meses.

Assisted by: Beda.

Autor

I upgraded Views to 1.11 and got a fatal error message (which I stupidly didn't copy). After a minute or two I was able to access my WordPress admin but now something is wonky. When I insert a View into a post instead of getting something normal like

[wpv-view name="Job - Barber"]

I get the following:

[wpv-view name="undefined" limit="undefined" offset="undefined" orderby="undefined" order="undefined"]

I'm reverting back to the previous version for now. Just wanted to let you guys know. Not sure if other people are having similar problems.

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: Inglés (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

Its really strange error.

1)
*** Please make a FULL BACKUP of your database and website.***

Could you please try to update your view plugin manually using FTP.
-- Deactivate and delete your current view plugin
-- Download views 1.11 from: https://toolset.com/account/downloads/
-- Extract your views downloaded file and upload it to plugins folder
-- Activate your views plugin

Does it makes any difference?

2)
If your issue still persist:
Could you please try to resolve your issue by deactivating all third-party plugins as well as with the default theme to check for any possible conflicts with any of the plugins or themes?

3)
If #1 and #2 does not help:
*** Please make a FULL BACKUP of your database and website.***
I would also eventually need to request temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP) to your site. Preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible in order to be of better help and check if some configurations might need to be changed.

I would additionally need your permission to de- and re-activate Plugins and the Theme, and to change configurations on the site. This is also a reason the backup is really important. If you agree to this, please use the form fields I have enabled below to provide temporary access details (wp-admin and FTP).

I have set the next reply to private which means only you and I have access to it.

I will experiment with this some more, but here's the error message I get when I tried installing it on a test site (with the path to my wordpress changed):

Fatal error: Class 'Editor_addon_parametric' not found in /path-to-my-wordpress/wp-content/plugins/wp-views/inc/wpv-plugin.class.php on line 130

Maybe this will help in some way? Let me know. If not I will try your other suggestions.

Hello,

Toolset support team lead here. I'm sorry about that, please try to look for this file "wp-views/embedded/toolset/toolset-common/visual-editor/editor-addon-generic.class.php". In case you can't find it, that's the problem, because the class Editor_addon_parametric is only defined when that file is present. Please follow Minesh's advise and update it manually, let us know then.

Minesh
Supporter

Please kindly let us know the results after you update your plugin manually.

Sigh... I'm completely confused. It seems like on my test site the file Adriano mentioned was there, but it was not on my production site. However when I did step one and replaced Views using FTP, it seemed to work on the test site but on the main site it still is not working. When I click on Fields and Views to insert into a post the form is completely blank (other than the "Insert shortcode" at the bottom and it gives me the same undefined shortcode as before.

This is truly problematic at this point because I can't duplicate the problem on my test site. I guess I wlll make a fresh copy of my live site on the test site and see if I can poke around there.

🙁

Minesh
Supporter

Please let us know how it goes. If you still need further assistance, Please do not hesitate to get in touch with us.

I restored a backup of my site using vaultpress to a test location - and when I updated Views to the latest version (1.11.1), it worked.

But when I tried to do the same thing on my live site, it failed. Got the same fatal error message. Same problems as before.

I'm at a loss as to what to do... the site is live so I don't really want to turn off all the plugins and change to a basic theme - but it's not working - so I don't know what to do.

Since Minesh currently has a few days off, I will replace him here in the forum.
I hope this is OK for you.

I would need to request temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP) to your site
- preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible -
in order to be of better help and check if some configurations might need to be changed

Your next answer will be private which means only you and I have access to it.

❌ Please backup your database and website ❌

✙ I would additionally need your permission to de- and re-activate Plugins and the Theme, and to change configurations on the site.
This is also a reason the backup is really important

✙ Please add the Links to the View Edit Screen, the Page/Post where you insert the View form and the corresponding Front End Page/Screen

I will need to make changes to your FTP Files (Update / Upload Plugins) and also to (eventually) your View and page/Post where you insert it.

Please add all info for the fastest possible troubleshooting and ensure a full backup.

Please could you provide me the additional Infos?

Thank you for your patience.

The problem is, as I stated above, I can't replicate the problem on my test site so I don't know what to do.

You can Provide me access to your Live site.

I will threat it carefully but it might be necessary to enable/disable Plugins.

You could also provide me a Site's snapshot of your original (not working) site.

We usually recommend the free Plugin "Duplicator" for this porpoise.

If you already know how Duplicator works
(http://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/),
please skip the following steps and just send me the installer file and the zipped package you downloaded.

★ Duplicator Instructions
hidden link
Send me both files (you probably want to use DropBox, Google Drive, or similar services, as the snapshot file will be quite big)

❌ IMPORTANT ❌
Remember to create or keep an admin account for me before creating the snapshot, or I won't be able to login. You may delete the new admin account once the snapshot has been built.

I will enable your next answer as private so you can provide me the information securely.

Please could you provide me the additional Infos?

Thank you for your patience.

I'm posting this again because the last message was private (even though it didn't need to be):

I have figured this out - it was a problem with caching (or something along those lines). After I did the upgrade my browser (Chrome) showed the blank Views as I described above. However, when I logged into the site using a different browser (Firefox), it worked fine. After clearing out the cache on Chrome and logging in again things seem to be working on Chrome as well.

I'm wondering if this has to do with you guys rewriting things (moving things to different folders) and the browser "remembering" where they used to be? Is that possible? I ask because I experienced a similar thing when I did the last update to wpml. Got a fatal error message

Fatal error: Class 'WPML_Helper' not found in /path-to-wordpress/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/sitepress.class.php on line 62

but then it went away, everything was fine after a few minutes.

Just mentioning it in case other people run into this same problem!

Also, if you have problems you can't replicate, this maintenance mode plugin works great for taking down your site so you can poke around and try to figure things out. It's simple and effective!

https://wordpress.org/plugins/lj-maintenance-mode/

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.