Skip Navigation

[Resuelto] PHP Notices for Installer – Undefined index: changelog, Undefined index: version in OTGS_Installer_Products_Parser

Este hilo está resuelto. Aquí tiene una descripción del problema y la solución.

Problem: I see sporadic PHP notices in my error logs like the following:

PHP Notice:  Undefined index: changelog in /home/XXXX/public_html/wp-content/plugins/types/vendor/otgs/installer/includes/products/OTGS_Installer_Products_Parser.php on line 127
PHP Notice:  Undefined index: version in /home/XXXX/public_html/wp-content/plugins/types/vendor/otgs/installer/includes/products/OTGS_Installer_Products_Parser.php on line 127

Solution: This issue has been addressed in a configuration file that is loaded automatically when Toolset plugins check for updates. No changes are required, and the problem should be resolved now.

This support ticket is created hace 3 años, 6 meses. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

This topic contains 8 respuestas, has 3 mensajes.

Last updated by julieP hace 3 años, 6 meses.

Assisted by: Christian Cox.

Autor

Please advise why these notices are appearing in my debug.log file:-

PHP Notice:  Undefined index: changelog in /home/XXXX/public_html/wp-content/plugins/types/vendor/otgs/installer/includes/products/OTGS_Installer_Products_Parser.php on line 127
PHP Notice:  Undefined index: version in /home/XXXX/public_html/wp-content/plugins/types/vendor/otgs/installer/includes/products/OTGS_Installer_Products_Parser.php on line 127

Thanks

Hello, I can't see a timestamp for these log messages. Are the notices recent? There was an issue last year that could have produced similar messages because of a cached json file in the installer code, but that issue should have been resolved for over a year now. If the notices are recent, please go to /wp-admin/update-core.php and click "Check for updates". Then go to wp-admin > Plugins > Add New and click the Commercial tab. Be sure your Toolset plugins are all up-to-date. Let me know if the notices continue to appear and I can take a closer look.

References:
https://toolset.com/errata/fatal-error-after-activating-or-updating-types/
https://toolset.com/forums/topic/wordpress-errors-for-types-plugin-fatal-error/

Hi Christian

The notices are recent and all my plugins are up to date. I also checked the information on the Commercial tab and that's correctly showing this too.

The notices seem to have started since upgrading to WP 5.5 and PHP 7.4.

I happened to notice a 401 in my visitors log for this URL: /wp-json/wp/v2/types/post?context=edit. The time of the visit coincides with the time the otgs_send_components_data scheduled event is set to run.

Does this help?

Shane
Supporter

Languages: Inglés (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Julie,

Christian is currently on a Public Holiday today but he will be back tomorrow to continue assisting.

Thank you for the continued patience.

I had a few of these notices logged in my local sporadically last week, but I haven't been able to replicate the problem today. I'm curious to know if an update to the installer has resolved the problem. Please go to /wp-admin/update-core.php and click "Check for updates" once more, and let me know if the notices continue to appear in the logs after that process has run. If so, I'll need to log in and make a clone of the site to run additional tests. Please provide login credentials in the private reply fields here if that is the case.

Hi Christian

I think the problem is that some adjustments to Types is needed to make it compatible with WordPress 5.5. Over the weekend, I updated to WP 5.5.1 and the errors have stopped. My understanding is that this release is effectively a roll-back of some of the changes brought in with 5.5 that has caused so many problems for the WordPress community generally. It's intended to re-instate the changes in March next year (I think) and this gives plugin and theme developers time to make the necessary changes to their code. Toolset Types is listed as one of the plugins affected by the changes in 5.5. and therefore needing attention.

I'm leaving this open in case you need any more info.

Okay thanks for that information. Let me downgrade to WP 5.5 and see if I can replicate the problem again. I'll update you shortly.

I wasn't able to reproduce the issue in WP 5.5, so I checked with the Installer dev team. It seems this issue was noticed already and resolved in the latest versions of the Toolset installer package, so we should be okay here. I don't typically receive communication from the Installer team so this issue wasn't on my immediate radar, but it looks like it's already resolved. I think we can close here.

Excellent thank you

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.