Skip Navigation

[Resuelto] Need advice on optimal information architecture before I start

This support ticket is created hace 6 años, 7 meses. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 4 respuestas, has 2 mensajes.

Last updated by morktron hace 6 años, 7 meses.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Autor

Hi, I'm about to build a site with around 5k of 'Contemplations' from a contemporary philosopher. Each contemplation will have:

1. A title which will be a 4 digit number,
2. Body of text (only a few sentences),
3. A subject/subjects - such as Healing
4. A letter of the alphabet

The philosopher wants all contemplations to be listed alphabetically by subject. Some contemplations will be listed under multiple subjects. For instance, a contemplation listed under the topic of Healing could also be found under related topics such as Body, Health, Disease, Illness, Pain, Stress, faith & Prayer.

The philosopher wants a people to be able to navigate in multiple ways including the default way which will be a contemplations order by A-Z by topic.

So my plan at the moment to build this with Toolset in WP is:

1. Custom post type - Contemplation
2. Title - the contemplation number
3. Normal body text
4. Category - I'm thinking each subject will be filed under a letter of the alphabet which corresponds to the subject, eg: Healing would be in the 'H' category
5. Taxonomy - the subject or subjects of the contemplation, eg: Healing, Body, Health

I'll then make an index page with a paginated list of contemplations using the buttons A-Z for primary navigation.

Once we have a handle on the data the next step will be to build a native app for iOS and Android using the Toolset based site as the place to manage the contemplations.

Does this sound like a logical and optimal way to build this?

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: Inglés (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

Well - yes it's better to create a taxonomy for alphabets and for subjects.

Please check following related ticket that might help you to build the A-Z glossary.
=> https://toolset.com/forums/topic/az-glossary/

Thanks Minesh, ok great I shall give it a go 🙂

Web 1920 – 1.png

I have got this working now but to complicate things further I would like to display a loop of each Contemplation within its Subject taxonomy and still have the Alphabet taxonomy navigation working.

Here is the site so far hidden link

and here is an illustration of what I'm trying to achieve.

Do you have any idea how to get this done? maybe it would be good to do a video chat...

Screen Shot 2017-09-21 at 11.20.03 am.png

I have most of it working here: hidden link

I just can't figure out how to get the Alphabet navigation working.

Also, I realise I actually don't need the Contemplation extra field number

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.