Skip Navigation

[Resuelto] Loop Navigation within Content Template

This support ticket is created hace 7 años, 10 meses. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- - 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Ho_Chi_Minh (GMT+07:00)

This topic contains 3 respuestas, has 2 mensajes.

Last updated by Beda hace 7 años, 10 meses.

Assisted by: Beda.

Autor
Single Post Navigation.png

I am trying to place Single Post Navigation within my Content Template, but it never seems to show up.

I have tried using the [wpv-pager-prev-page]Previous[/wpv-pager-prev-page] and [wpv-pager-next-page]Next[/wpv-pager-next-page] shortcodes.

Is there any way to add the Single Post Navigation within a Content Template?

Kind regards,
Craig

It's not possible.

This is something your Theme has to provide.

Toolset will let you create Paginated Lists of thsoe posts instead.

This is explained here:
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/views-pagination/

Thanks Beda,

I know about Toolset Pagination, but the URLs were not changing when switching to another post in the same way as they do with Single Post Navigation.

I will look into seeing if my theme can move the navigation to another location.

Many thanks,
Craig

This is not the same.

See:
1. Views pagination is a pagination fully independent from the Theme
It creates a List, with as many items "per page" as you set in the settings.

2. URL can be either not changed or changed each pagination click, but this will hold Views (unique) URL parameters.
(details in the DOC linked)

3. The Theme's navigation is not part of the_content() and will therefore be ALWAYS out of the content Template styled part of your post.

You can move it's position by editing the Theme's Files.
Best, create a Child theme:
https://codex.wordpress.org/Child_Themes

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.