Skip Navigation

[Resuelto] Link to CRED edit form not appearing

Este hilo está resuelto. Aquí tiene una descripción del problema y la solución.

Problem:
The CRED Link to the form does not show on my front end

Solution:
Make sure, that the CRED link ShortCode is correctly formatted.
A CRED SHortCode has to be inserted with the proper GUI to get bets results.
A few working examples below.

//it is the link to the form, with a link text, target and default button class
//Also not the ShortCode holds Form ID and Name
[cred_link_form form="108" form_name="Edit Memory" text="Edit This" target="_self" class="button"]
//same link without Button class
[cred_link_form form="108" form_name="Edit Memory" text="Edit %TITLE%" target="_self"]
//The Form directly inserted, no link to it
//Not that still it holds ID and Name of the form
[cred_form form="108" form_name="Edit Memory"]
This support ticket is created hace 8 años, 4 meses. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- - 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Ho_Chi_Minh (GMT+07:00)

Etiquetado: 

This topic contains 7 respuestas, has 2 mensajes.

Last updated by Eric hace 8 años, 3 meses.

Assisted by: Beda.

Autor

Hello,

I have a custom post type, for which I have a CRED post form. It works fine. The problem I'm having is displaying a link to the CRED edit form.

Here's my content template:

[wpv-conditional if="( '[wpv-current-user info="id"]' eq '[wpv-post-author format="meta" meta="ID"]' )"]
<header>
  <h5>My Memory from</h5>
  <h1 class="entry-title" itemprop="headline">[wpv-post-date format="F j, Y"]</h1> 
</header>
[wpv-post-body view_template="None"]
[cred_link_form form="Edit Memory"]
[/wpv-conditional]
[wpv-conditional if="( '[wpv-current-user info="id"]' ne '[wpv-post-author format="meta" meta="ID"]' )"]Sorry, you don't have access to this content.
[/wpv-conditional]

What am I missing?

Thanks,
Eric

Thank you for contacting us here in the Support Forum and for providing the Debug Informations

Could you update your Access Plugin to 1.2.7.2?
It's available in your Toolset Account > Downloads.

Please then ensure your Role with which you view the page has the correct Rights (read/Edit) for that CRED Form in Access > CRED Front End Access

Also check if your current user is truly the the author of the Post in question.

Please don't hesitate to inform me in case the issue persists

Thank you for your patience.

Hi Beda,

I updated Access, and I checked the capabilities of that user role in the CRED Front End Access. It's set to allow "create, edit own, delete own" for that role. The guest and customer roles have no access. Not sure what I'm missing here.

Thanks for the Details

[wpv-conditional if="( '[wpv-current-user info="id"]' eq '[wpv-post-author format="meta" meta="ID"]' )"]

Do you see it if you remove that conditions?

You must be author to see it, according the condition.

Actually, if that is the case, you should see:

Sorry, you don't have access to this content.

But anyway, can you quickly remove the condition to see if that is the issue?

If it does not change things, I would eventually also need to request temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP) to your site
- preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible -
in order to be of better help and check if some configurations might need to be changed

Your next answer will be private which means only you and I have access to it.

❌ Please backup your database and website ❌

✙ I would, if possible, need access to a site where only a minimal set of Plugins and a default theme is active.
This to avoid eventual compatibility issues with other software.

✙ Please add the Links to:

- The CRED Edit Screen

- The Page/Post where you insert the CRED Form

- The corresponding Front End Page/Screen

- The Content Template in question.

Please don't hesitate to inform me in case the issue persists

Thank you

Thanks for the Details

==> As I referred to in my last post, you should check what you see as non-author, and as author, or simpler, without the conditional.

- As non-author, you see:

Sorry, you don't have access to this memory… 

- As Author, I do see:

My Memory from
November 30, 2015

(but no CRED)

- Without conditional, I see still no CRED Form 🙁

==> This tells me, there is no issue with the Conditional but it must be my CRED Form ShortCode or the Form itself

==> To debug that, I head to the CRED Form and make sure everything is correct in it, and re-save it.
(I usually also re-generate the CRED Form with the "AutoGenerate" button, to be sure)

If that brings no salvation, I delete the CRED ShortCode from the Content template (or wherever I insert it) and add it again, with the Wizard.

And that finally, in our case here, brought solution 🙂

You can now see the Edit [this post] link on the relevant front end.

This debug steps apply to every kind of "things" that are not doing what is supposed to be happening.

I posted this here, as it eventually can be useful for you and others, when having issues with ShortCodes that are not rendering what they should.

The "principle" is, begin with a minimal setup and syntax, always using default options, always freshly saved.

This usually lets us see quickly where the issue relies.

In your case, the ShortCode with which you inserted the Link to the CRED Form was missing the arguments needed for such Links.
Insertion of the CRED ShortCode using the Wizard, brought it to work.

BTW; I also edited the conditionals, basically I changed the syntax from using double quotes "" to single quotes ''.
This is needed sometimes when you nest ShortCodes with arguments in a Conditional

Please let me know if you have further questions regarding the issue mentioned in this Thread
and do not hesitate to open a new thread if other issues or problems arise

Excellent. Everything seems ok now. One question though. You said my ShortCode for the CRED link was missing the required arguments. Exactly which arguments are required?

Well, you have had a CRED ShortCode inserted like this:

[cred_link_form form_name="Edit Memory"]

With the wizard, you will see that you missed some arguments (ID; Link text), it of course depends what settings and messages you choose, but here are some of the most used:

//currently applied on your install, it is the link to the form, with a link text, target and default button class
//Also not the ShortCode holds Form ID and Name
[cred_link_form form="108" form_name="Edit Memory" text="Edit This" target="_self" class="button"]

//same link without Button class
[cred_link_form form="108" form_name="Edit Memory" text="Edit %TITLE%" target="_self"]

//The Form directly inserted, no link to it
//Not that still it holds ID and Name of the form
[cred_form form="108" form_name="Edit Memory"]

Please do not hesitate to open a new thread if other issues or problems arise

Just got email from the cleanup robot... Sorry, I thought I'd closed this already.

Anyway, thanks again for your help!

Eric

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.