Skip Navigation

Issues when Editor is hidden

This support ticket is created hace 9 años, 7 meses. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

This topic contains 7 respuestas, has 3 mensajes.

Last updated by SD hace 9 años, 7 meses.

Assigned support staff: Luo Yang.

Autor

SD
skitched-20130219-014855.jpg

Hi there...it seems that when you hide the Editor for a custom post type thing don't work as expected fr example the Screen Options at the top right are not expanding and more importantly the WYSIWYG custom field does not work. Is this a bug ? Any other way to put a WYSIWYG custom field above the main/original editor ?

It seems like a java issue. The WordPress admin submenus are also not expanding when you hover over the menus.

SD

It seems that the issue only exists if CRED is activated.

Also, is there any way to add a menu icon for embedded custom post type? I'm embedding this in a plugin and i want the menu icon to be loaded from plugin's directory and not an external URL.

Please advice,
Stelios

Bigul
Supporter

Hi Stelios,

Please explain more about the "hidden Editor" issue. Because in normal case it will not happen. Are you using embedded Types ?

I would like to know about the following to track the issue.

1) Your WordPress version
2) CRED version
3) Your theme
4) Other plug-ins you are using
5) Have you done any code modifications recently

About the second one. You mean a menu(In front end) to navigate the Embedded Types posts ?

---
With Regards

Bigul

SD

Hi there,

The issue exists if you have CRED Activated and choose to hide the editor(when creating a custom post type via WP-TYPES you have the option to hide the editor).

1) Latest WP Version
2)Latest CRED
2)Default twenty twelve
4) The only plugins installed are WP-TYPES, Views, CRED
5) No code modifications.

About the second on i mean a menu icon in backend for the custom post type menu in wp-admin. WP-TYPES only allows you to specify a URL for the menu icon....i need it to be just a file inside the plugins folder that i'm embedding wp-types to.

-Stelios

Luo Yang
Supporter

Languages: Inglés (English ) Chino simplificado (简体中文 )

Timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

Hi Stelios,

I can not dulicate same problem in my localhost, I am using following latest version of CRED & Types:
CRED 1.1.2
Types 1.1.3.4

Could you take some screenshot for how do you setup the fields group and the post type.
For the second question:
Could you try this:
1) upload your custom icon inside the plugins folder
2) Edit your post type, in the option "Menu icon", input the URL of your custom icon

Regards
Luo

SD

Hi Luo,

If upload the icon inside my plugins folder as you suggest then when i will give the plugin to my client the icon will be not visible because it will be trying to get the image from my url/domain and not the client's plugin folder.

Stelios

Luo Yang
Supporter

Languages: Inglés (English ) Chino simplificado (简体中文 )

Timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

Please try create a CSS file in your plugin, enqueue it in WP admin side, override the default icon with CSS style.

SD

Hi Luo,

Thanks for the tip.

-Stelios