Skip Navigation

Is it possible to filter on a taxonomy in WP Dashboard

This support ticket is created hace 8 años, 3 meses. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

This topic contains 6 respuestas, has 2 mensajes.

Last updated by Caridad hace 8 años, 3 meses.

Assigned support staff: Caridad.

Autor
taxonomy-filter.png

Hi there,

I have a CPT (Staff Members) with a Taxonomy (Department) which I have displaying perfectly in the WordPress Dashboard for the Custom Post type – see attached screen grab.

My question is this – can the taxonomy be made filterable? I would like to be able to filter the list of "Staff Members" by "Department" in this listing via drop down menu.

I see there was a similar request from June 2012 – https://toolset.com/forums/topic/add-taxonomy-filter-to-custom-type-listing-in-dashboard/ – was this ever added to Types?

Regards,
Craig

Dear Craig,

I will inquire about this and get back to you shortly.

Regards
Caridad

Thanks Caridad. I look forward to hearing back from you.

Kind regards,
Craig

Dear Craig

That particular feature was lost from our list but I have added it again now. We should be getting some feedback soon.

Regards
Caridad

Dear Craig,

It seems that we wont be able to complete this request in next release because our feature list is already complete. It will be evaluated for a future release.

Meanwhile, you might want to look into this post for some instructions on doing what you need:
http://wordpress.stackexchange.com/questions/578/adding-a-taxonomy-filter-to-admin-list-for-a-custom-post-type/3215#3215

Let me know if you need any help implementing this.
Regards
Caridad

Thanks Caridad,
I will atke a look at that post and give it a try and report back to you.
Thanks again,
Craig

Dear Craig,

I will leave the thread open for you to reply.

Regards
Caridad

El debate ‘Is it possible to filter on a taxonomy in WP Dashboard’ está cerrado y no admite más respuestas.