Skip Navigation

[Resuelto] Importing with WP all import not working

Este hilo está resuelto. Aquí tiene una descripción del problema y la solución.

Problem: I would like to export custom field data from one site using WP All Export, and then import that custom field data into another site using WP All Import.

Solution: When you create an export file, you have the ability to customize the export data. In the customizer, you can drag custom fields from the right into the export builder on the left (see the attached screenshot customizer.png). Custom field values created by Types have the prefix "wpcf-". When the CSV is produced, it will include the selected custom field values (see csv.png).

This support ticket is created hace 5 años, 11 meses. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

This topic contains 7 respuestas, has 2 mensajes.

Last updated by ericL-12 hace 5 años, 10 meses.

Assisted by: Christian Cox.

Autor

I am trying to: Import a set of custom fields data

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

I expected to see: Data being imported

Instead, I got: Data not imported, any other option to import the information? Maybe directly using wordpress importer? If yes, how do I have to setup the csv?

It depends on what exactly you want to import.
- If you want to import the custom field structure, like the custom post types, custom taxomies, custom field names and field groups created by Types, use the Toolset Import / Export tool (under the Toolset menu). You can export the Types structures and import them directly into another site.
- If you want to import the values of custom fields created by Types, the posts they are associated with, and the terms associated with those posts, use the WordPress Import / Export tools under the Tools menu.
- If you want to import information from custom fields created in a system other than Types, it depends on the data and I would need more information.

Here are some guides for your reference:
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/how-to-import-content-into-wordpress-using-csv/import-content-csv-importer-plugin/
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/how-to-importexport-types-structures/
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/importing-content-from-csv-with-post-relationships/

Hello,

I want to import the values, they all worked but the custom fields created with toolset. If I create the custom fields with ACF it works, so it's a Toolset issue. The documentation you sent in not clear for already existing posts that needs to be updated.

Can you tell me more? I'm still not exactly clear what went wrong during the import process.
- Did you import every post on this site, or did some posts already exist?
- Did you import every custom field value on this site, or did some custom field values already exist?
- I see some custom fields have values. Did you add these values after import, or did they exist before import, or were they added during the import? For example the Product fields here: hidden link
- Can you share a SQL dump file of the site's current database so I can see more details about the imported data?

Hello,

- I imported all posts once and now I'm trying to add information that wasn't imported. I even made a reset of my database in order to clean it from previous work done with ACF plugin.
- I have imported all CF values.
- I added manually the information of this particular book in order to be able to build the layouts.
- Sure. How can I send it to you?

I will activate a private reply field here. Please upload the SQL file to Dropbox or Drive and provide a download link for me here. The fields say "Duplicator package" but a download link to your SQL file will be fine.

database.png
customizer.png
csv.png

I don't see any Toolset field information in the database except for the ones you added manually (see database.png). I thought it was possible that the data was imported, but not linked up correctly. That is not the case, so this indicates a problem with the export or import process. Toolset has no control over those processes, they are all controlled by the 3rd-party plugins. I assume you are using WP All Export to export the data as CSV, correct? When you create an export file, you have the ability to customize the export data. In the customizer, you can drag custom fields from the right into the export builder on the left (see the attached screenshot customizer.png). Custom field values created by Types have the prefix "wpcf-". When the CSV is produced, it will include the selected custom field values (see csv.png).

If you want to import custom field values after the posts have already been migrated, you will have to ask your Import plugin authors how that can be done. You would need to be able to match up the old post IDs with the new post IDs. I'm not really the best source of information their software. Let me know if you need any information from me to help facilitate that conversation.

It works now, the real fields are being recognized. Thank you for your help.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.