Skip Navigation

[Resuelto] I closed a topic too soon. Need help with Parametric Search for real estate site

The Toolset Community Forum is closed, for technical support questions, please head on to our Toolset Professional Support (for paid clients), with any pre-sale or admin question please contact us here.

Este hilo está resuelto. Aquí tiene una descripción del problema y la solución.

Problem:
I want to create different Variations for a given Post, just as WooCommerce Variable Products.

Solution:
You can use different approaches.

Given that a Views Parametric Search will return your data (which are Post Types) those will be searchable by this Posts Types Meta Data (Fields, taxonomies, etc)

The meta Data (fields, taxonomies, etc) will determine the variations of our posts.

Since above is the case, you need a Post for each "different variation".

You could also set up a Parent / Child Relation with Types, and as example, create a Parent Post Type "Homes", and a Child Post Type "Features"

This Child Post Type would hold all Fields that can change (the properties of your homes)

Then, you create one Parent Post Type (HOME) each "house" you have, and add as many Child Posts (features) to it, as you need.

But it will basically be the same as creating many Home Posts, as you still would need many Child Posts for every variant of a home

Relevant Documentation:
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/creating-post-type-relationships/
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/using-custom-fields/
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/creating-groups-of-repeating-fields-using-fields-tables/

This support ticket is created hace 7 años, 11 meses. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.
This is the community support forum for Types plugin, which is part of Toolset. Toolset is a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients and people who registered for Types community support can post in it.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- - 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Ho_Chi_Minh (GMT+07:00)

This topic contains 6 respuestas, has 2 mensajes.

Last updated by marcusC-4 hace 7 años, 11 meses.

Assisted by: Beda.

Autor

I have been trying to figure out the best way to create a real estate listing site that has properties with multiple configurations. Last week, Beda helped me understand that parametric search would be the best solution using WP-Types. Now that I’ve thought about the logistics, I think that method may work. I have a "discover wp-types" site setup with the basic real estate info on it.

In his support responses, he offered to create a second home and a new View to illustrate the way that his solution would look. I don’t know what is needed for Access Details, but if someone doesn’t mind picking up on that and creating a simple parametric search, I’m happy to provide admin details or whatever is needed.

Here is my previous thread for reference: https://toolset.com/forums/topic/adding-related-posts-with-options-based-on-a-master/

Thanks,

Marcus

Hello again Marcus

Can you provide Access Details to the Test Site?

I would need to request temporary access (WP-Admin) to it in order to be of better help

Your next answer will be private which means only you and I have access to it.

✙ I will create a Page, a View, a few Dummy "House" posts and show you how I would filter those.

Thank you

Bildschirmfoto 2016-04-26 um 17.26.08.png

The login info section is empty.

I apologize this inconvenience.

Can you provide it again?

Perhaps also paste it as text in your reply.

It might be we have issue with the required Fields for the Access, as I don't see it's content.

Thank you and I apologize this inconvenience

So what i did is simply "duplicate" Prav2 Home
I named it Prav2 - Toolset

I put it as a price of 1000000 and made some changes to the Fields bathrooms and bedrooms

You wind it here:
hidden link

That is what I meant by adding different attributes to different posts

This is how you would have the same home or apartment with different options.

Let me know if you need more informations.

Ou could also add a Custom Taxonomy so to group the "same homes" with different options into one Term.

Let's say you create the Taxonomy "Home Type" and then create many homes (all the same) with different options
You could then assign all those homes to the same Term of "Home Type" (let's say to term "City House")

You could then let the suer filter by this Taxonomy and he/she would see different options (of the same house, but different posts) to choose.

Thank you

parametric-search-on-listing-page.jpg

I am trying to create these front-end options without having to create a new post for each variation. Is it possible to create a front-end filter where people can select their options and have the price change based on their selections? With an AJAX filter, they wouldn’t even have to leave or refresh the page.

I have attached an image that illustrates what I mean.

The user can select the neighborhood and choose if they want a garage or basement. Depending on what they choose, the price & square footage change.

This is not possible.

A Parametric Search will return you data which are Post Types.
It will be searchable by this Posts Types Meta Data (Fields, taxonomies, etc)

The content shown CAN but a Field BUT must always be of a post Type.

Since above is the case, you need a Post for each "different variation", otherwise you will receive the SAME post on different Search Queries.

You can update your View with AJAX - but the content Queried and shown, if of different option, must be another Post.

You can not use the Views Parametric Search to display the SAME post with different Information.

You could use a workaround, but I do not see much power in it.

You could use the Views ShortCode [wpv-search-term] in a HTML conditional in your Views loop.

This way, you could tell the View, to return a certain Field if it exists and if the Search Term is a certain option.
And of course, another Field of the same post, if the Search Term is something else.

The DOC for that would be here:
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/conditional-html-output-in-views/
https://toolset.com/documentation/views-shortcodes/#wpv-search-term

But as said, I strongly recommend to create one Post each "version" of your homes.
It will save you time and efforts of complicated codes.

You could also set up a Parent / Child Relation with Types, and as example, create a Parent Post Type "Homes", and a Child Post Type "Features"

This Child Post Type would hold all Fields that can change (the properties of your homes)

Then, you create one Parent Post Type (HOME) each house you have, and add as many Child Posts (features) to it, as you need.

But it will basically be the same as creating many Home Posts, as you still would need many Child Posts for every variant of a home

Thank you

Thank you for the detailed reply. I have used a child post type (Model) as a kind of field set that can be easily added via the parent post type (Home) admin screen.

El foro ‘Types Community Support’ está cerrado y no se permiten nuevos debates ni respuestas.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.