Skip Navigation

[Resuelto] How to set up a ranked list (e.g., 1–10) in Forms?

This support ticket is created hace 2 años, 11 meses. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 - - 9:00 – 13:00
14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 - - 14:00 – 18:00

Supporter timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+00:00)

This topic contains 4 respuestas, has 3 mensajes.

Last updated by Jamal hace 2 años, 11 meses.

Assisted by: Jamal.

Autor
Ranked Professional Work.png

Tell us what you are trying to do?
I have set up a list of ranked issues using raw html in Forms. I need to convert it using Types so I can save the data in the db. (See screenshot below.)

It seems I would want to somehow group the numeric rating input fields, but I am looking for any suggestions on the best way to do this.
And in case it is not obvious, this is *not* an ordered list; It is a list of items, with each having its own 1-10 ranking of importance. Theoretically, someone *could* rank every item with a 10. Although that's quite unlikely.

What is the link to your site?
hidden link

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: Inglés (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

The best way to group your text item with ranking is you should create a repeating field group where you should add one field that should hold the ranking and the text field should hold your text information.

Thank you, Minesh.

I understand generally how Repeated Fields function works, but I am a little confused how to access the data for display.
For instance, if I have the fields: rank-num and rank-item...

Repeating Group "personality-ranks": Repeating fields: rank-num and rank-item:

rank-num rank-item
9 item-1
7 item-2
10 item-3

If I want to display the above data after the form has been submitted, how do I do that? I have tried this once before and gave up on the Repeated Group/Fields functionality. If there is good documentation on this, please show me the link. I was not able to find that info using Search.

Thanks for your help.
Jeff

I understand how repeated groups and fields work. But, I could not find documentation on displaying the data for those fields, once the form has been submitted. Can you please point me to some docs for that?

Thanks,
Jeff

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: Inglés (English ) Francés (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+00:00)

Hello Jeff! Minesh won't be available for a couple of days. If you don't mind, I'll continue with you on this ticket.

First, you need to configure the form to redirect to somewhere(the created post, another post, another page, etc.). Inside this target page/post, you can display the repeated groups using a view. Check this article's section https://toolset.com/course-lesson/creating-and-displaying-repeatable-field-groups/#displaying-repeatable-field-groups

Keep in mind that you need a content template or a view to display Toolset data. The content template is meant to display one pot, whereas the views are meant to display a list of posts.

Keep in mind that the content template needs to know what post to display. It is automatically inferred inside single post pages. But, if you want to display a post inside a page, you need to pass the post ID to the content template. Using the item attribute. https://toolset.com/documentation/programmer-reference/views/views-shortcodes/item-attribute/

I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any questions.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.