Skip Navigation

[Resuelto] How to add post meta when inserting posts with wp_insert_post

Este hilo está resuelto. Aquí tiene una descripción del problema y la solución.

Problem:
Client wants to add post meta at the same time as inserting posts with the function wp_insert_post.

Solution:
Add the post meta fields as an array using the meta_input parameter.

Relevant Documentation:
https://developer.wordpress.org/reference/functions/wp_insert_post/#parameters

This support ticket is created hace 6 años. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 -
- 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 -

Supporter timezone: Europe/London (GMT+00:00)

This topic contains 2 respuestas, has 2 mensajes.

Last updated by mohammadD hace 6 años.

Assisted by: Nigel.

Autor

Hi there!

i'm writing a plugin that inserts posts using wordpress wp_insert_post($args) function
as you know there should be a "post_meta" key in the $args array

a have a post type with a costume field group,
i can handle the insertion process, using a wpcf- prefix before field name, and all type of fields works fine except the date-type field.
for example i have a date format like this: "7/8/2017"
i can convert that to time stamp using php DateTime class,
well, how can i assign this timestamp to 'wpcf-myfield' key of post_meta array ?

'wpcf-myfield' => $timeStamp
or
'wpcf-myfield' => $orginalForm

don't in use

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: Inglés (English ) Español (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+00:00)

Hi there

If you want to add post meta directly using wp_insert_post you add the post meta fields as an array using the meta_input parameter (https://developer.wordpress.org/reference/functions/wp_insert_post/#parameters).

A Types date field is stored as a timestamp, and you can convert dates from a string format to a timestamp using the PHP strtotime function: hidden link

I think that is the part you are missing.

merC

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.