Skip Navigation

[Resuelto] How to place text over images in Toolset slider block or simple container block

This support ticket is created hace 3 años, 3 meses. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Etiquetado: 

This topic contains 3 respuestas, has 2 mensajes.

Last updated by Minesh hace 3 años, 3 meses.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Autor

Tell us what you are trying to do?
I'm trying to figure out how to put text over images in a slider block. I am using Toolset Blocks.
Is there any documentation that you are following?
Just saw this post from 2014 using Views but I want to use Blocks!?

https://toolset.com/forums/topic/how-to-place-text-over-images-in-slider/

I would appreciate knowing how to position text in various positions over my images in the slider with the new Toolset slider Blocks. I also need a background overlay for the text so it stands out from the picture. Thanks.

Separately but related I would like to be able to position text over an image background with varying position because it depends on the image where I want to place the text. If I have a container block with an image background, there does not seem to be a way to put my text in the container and position it in a particular corner, or in the center etc. Please assist.

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: Inglés (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

Have you checked the following?
=> https://toolset.com/course-lesson/creating-a-hero-section/

However, its build using the container block not the slider block.

Thanks, that works very well for the 2nd question, creating a hero with text over an image. For my case, I needed to create 3 nested containers:
- one for the image background
- a 2nd inside the first to hold a 3rd container - this 2nd container has a semi-opaque background underlay to allow the white text of the 3rd to show up on the picture background in the 1st parent container
- 3rd container has Headline and para block
Needed 3 containers so that the background underlay does not go right across the picture, just a box under the text

If you have a better way, please share. There is also the WordPress Cover block which creates a hero more easily.

However, my 1st question, creating a slider with essentially heroes like above (with text and color underlays over the background image) does not seem possible with Toolset Slider block? Maybe pass my suggestion on to the devs? to allow what used to be done in Views per the link above? It is pretty important when creating a site to be able to have sliders which present images with text overlay. I'm creating a website for an antique furniture store now and this is what they would like to advertise their custom made furniture.

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: Inglés (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Regarding slider block to extend slider block to offer more interactive image with text overlay feature is known to us and we already have a internal ticket. But as you know, I do not have any ETA on it when this feature is added and officially published.

When you want to group the elements, container block is key and you are using it. I suggest you keep using that and I hope you will find a solution with the approach you are following. If so, please feel free to share the solution so that it can be helpful to other users searching on the forum.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.