Skip Navigation

[Resuelto] How do i update a field in a list view with opening the form ?

This support ticket is created hace 3 años, 2 meses. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Etiquetado: 

This topic contains 5 respuestas, has 3 mensajes.

Last updated by Minesh hace 3 años, 2 meses.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Autor
delegatelist view.PNG

Hi
I have a list view where currently if you cliick on the link for the row it open a form to allow me to change a field submit it and it triggers notification.
The issue i have is that it takes a long time to open the form update the field and them go back to the list view.
I have noticed that the delete link does not not open a form but deletes it inplace.
How can i get the eg email request link to update the field and trigger the notification without moving out of the list view.
Can i have a button , which will do the same thing.
Thanks
Tony

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: Inglés (English ) Español (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

The delete button works via an ajax request, it is a single action that doesn't require a form.

But editing fields of a post is not the same, if you did not want to use a form to edit the post which includes the fields to be edited then you would need to set up your own custom ajax requests, or you could use the REST API to do something similar.

But it is not something that is possible with Toolset alone, you will need custom development for this.

You may want to post a request on the contractors page: https://toolset.com/contractors/

Hi Nigel

Would it be faster to use a ajax request/rest api , than having to show the form each time ?.
This user has but 50 lines to update process is really slow.

Tony

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: Inglés (English ) Español (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

You mean they have 50 posts to update (the fields being edited belong to a post, and there are 50 such posts)?

Rather than there is one post containing 50 fields to update? Because the latter would be quicker to edit in a single form, containing all 50 fields.

If the former, and there is one field to update in 50 different posts, and you are outputting these 50 different posts as rows with a View, then instead of including links to an edit form you could include a bare bones edit form directly, which was submitted via ajax, and the form included only the field being edited and the submit button.

I don't quite understand the scenario you are describing well enough to give you a clear answer.

Hi
Yes it's the latter 50 different posts with 1 field(labelled email -request) to update on each one

Tony

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: Inglés (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Based on the screenshot and description you shared, you have 50 different posts that you list with view and you want to update the email field - so why dont you create a Edit post form for your post type and within that form only add the email field and submit button that should allow you to update only single email field when you submit the form.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.