Skip Navigation

[Resuelto] Hide new Front-end display panel

This support ticket is created hace 8 años. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 -
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+02:00)

Etiquetado: 

This topic contains 3 respuestas, has 4 mensajes.

Last updated by tyeB hace 7 años, 11 meses.

Assisted by: Juan.

Autor

I'd like to be able to hide the new Front-end display panel that's appearing on any of the edit page/post pages using custom field managed by Types.

I saw on another thread that you've created a filter to manage this. Please could you provide exact instructions on how to use this filter in the functions.php to hide this panel.

Thanks

Here are the instructions by our Lead Developer on how to achieve this:
https://toolset.com/forums/topic/please-make-the-front-end-display-box-not-be-visible-by-default/#post-383392

You will create a Filter and return nothing (null) so this Section will not be displayed anymore.

This is the WordPress Codex syntax for it:
https://developer.wordpress.org/reference/functions/add_filter/

Our filter is:

types_information_table

While we do not custom craft Code, we can help to understand how this is intended to work and point to the correct Documentation of WordPress or Toolset to achieve it.

The above WordPress Codex goes over each step.

Please let me know if you struggle with this somewhere.

I will also request a feature to disable that in the Toolset > Settings screen, but I can not grant that we will implement it, because we followed the WordPress motto "decisions not options" in this case.
This means, we do not offer a setting for everything, but offer a way to disable it, just like WordPress does.

Thank you

Juan
Supporter

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+02:00)

Hi Branigan.

As Beda pointed out, we added a PHP filter so this could be disabled entirely. Also, this box is a native WordPress metabox, which means that you can disable it by unchecking the right checkbox in the Screen Options when editing given post type.

We will consider adding a GUI option for disabling this, but as of now this will be enabled by default, as our usability tests proved that tis new box was quite helpful to complete usual tasks regarding several Toolset plugins without having to jump from screen to screen.

Regards.

Just bring this up again as I am updating clients sites and spending more time than usual doing this due to this box.

1 - Screen Options are on a user basis - so hiding it there will hide it for me, not for my clients.
2 - Intermittently the box reappears when you edit a page even with the 'types_information_table' filter in place.
3 - I have had over 10 support requests saying the page is broken do to the warning icon and the "There is no Content Template for Page items." message...

Just to check to see if I have my filter correct - I have this:

function remove_types_info_box() {
    return false;
}
add_filter( 'types_information_table', 'remove_types_info_box' );

I'm not sure if its a great addition for designers/developers (your target market?) who are designing sites for clients.

I'm voting for a GUI option for disabling this please 🙂

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.