Skip Navigation

[Resuelto] Group Results by Product Category

This support ticket is created hace 5 años, 1 mes. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Etiquetado: ,

This topic contains 4 respuestas, has 2 mensajes.

Last updated by marcusC-4 hace 5 años, 1 mes.

Assisted by: Waqar.

Autor

I have a parametric search view setup that shows certain Product Categories that I have selected: hidden link

I’d like to have the results always display products from one category first, then display the rest, but I don’t see an option for that. Is it possible?

Thanks

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: Inglés (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi Marcus,

Thanks for asking!

I'm afraid, this kind of grouping feature is not supported, but you're welcome to submit this as a feature request:
https://toolset.com/home/contact-us/suggest-a-new-feature-for-toolset/

One possible workaround to achieve something similar is to use a product post view, nested inside a product categories taxonomy view as explained in the following guide:
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/using-a-child-view-in-a-taxonomy-view-layout/

Important: Please note that in this approach you'll lose the ability to add front-end search filters since the taxonomy views don't support them.

regards,
Waqar

Ok, thanks for the reply. That’s unfortunate but I’ll look for another solution. The front-end search filters are the most important aspect so we cannot lose those.

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: Inglés (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi Marcus,

Thanks for the update and sorry I couldn't offer a more useful suggestion in this case.

But for a new question/concern you're welcome to open a new ticket.

regards,
Waqar

I ended up using Order By the Menu Order option to group items together. My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.