Skip Navigation

[Resuelto] Filter out taxonomy term in View

Este hilo está resuelto. Aquí tiene una descripción del problema y la solución.

Problem:

The issue here is that the user wanted to disable a taxonomy term from a view filter.

Solution:

It is not possible to remove a single term from a filter unless that term has no post assigned to it.

The alternative is that you can use css to hide the term that you don't want to appear in the filter.

0% of people find this useful.

This support ticket is created hace 5 años, 2 meses. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Etiquetado: ,

This topic contains 8 respuestas, has 2 mensajes.

Last updated by thomasS-11 hace 5 años, 2 meses.

Assisted by: Shane.

Autor

I am trying to: Filter out a taxonomy term in a view that is showing taxonomy terms

Shane
Supporter

Languages: Inglés (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Thomas,

Thank you for contacting our support forum.

You view is currently listing all the terms but you dont want a specific term to show up ?

Is that correct?

Please let me know.

Thanks,
Shane

That is correct.

In query filter, there is no such option to select a term you DO NOT want to query.

Shane
Supporter

Hi Thomas,

You are correct. This is because its actually not possible to remove a single term from the filter unless that term is either empty or deleted from the taxonomy.

Thanks,
Shane

Do you have any quick fix to this challenge?
I don't understand why such a simple thing is not part of the else advanced Views and Types plugins.
In post queries you can filter out posts, but in term queries you cannot filter out a term.

Can you please put this on a feature request? I see i am not the only one who thinks this is a lacking feature.

Shane
Supporter

Hi Thomas,

Is the term in a dropdown on the filter?

If so could you provide a link to the page. We might be able to hide that term with some css.

Thanks,
Shane

No, the term is in a Bootstrap grid.
I can hide it with CSS myself. Thanks for the suggestion. I was just searching for a more .. professional solution.

Can you please suggest this feature to the devs?

Shane
Supporter

Hi Thomas,

You will need to open a feature request ticket for this so that it can get automatically assigned to the appropriate supporter.

Thanks,
Shane

Ok i will do that.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.