Skip Navigation

[Resuelto] Editing form redirects to 404 after submit

This support ticket is created hace 5 años, 5 meses. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 19 respuestas, has 2 mensajes.

Last updated by Minesh hace 5 años, 2 meses.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Autor

PZ

I have an editing form for my custom post type ("Firms") used by logged-in users.

I am trying to:
Edit content on my site using editing forms as logged-in user.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:
hidden link

I expected to see and Instead, I got:
When submit the editing form I get redirected to 404 page. For administrator it does not happen always, sometimes the submission is successfull.

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: Inglés (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

Well - I see you are using number of third-party plugins related to permalinks as well as redirection.

In order to minimize the cause of the issue and to ensure that indeed there is the issue with Toolset plugin:
- Could you please try to resolve your issue by deactivating all third-party plugins as well as the default theme to check for any possible conflicts with any of the plugins or themes?

If the above step does not help, I need problem URL where I can see your edit form with access details.

*** Please make a FULL BACKUP of your database and website.***
I would also eventually need to request temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP) to your site. Preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible in order to be of better help and check if some configurations might need to be changed.

I would additionally need your permission to de- and re-activate Plugins and the Theme, and to change configurations on the site. This is also a reason the backup is really important. If you agree to this, please use the form fields I have enabled below to provide temporary access details (wp-admin and FTP).

I have set the next reply to private which means only you and I have access to it.

PZ

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

PZ

I'm sorry. Issue is still unresolved.

Minesh
Supporter

I see you are using outdated Elementor plugin version. Could you please update Elementor plugin to it's latest official released version 2.3.2 and try to resolve your issue.

PZ

There is a bug in the newest Elementor version. Elementor team told me to rollback the Elementor free to the previous version. On the previous version of Elementor 404 problem remains.

Minesh can you help me?

Minesh
Supporter

The thing is that we have another user who reported this issue and as per our findings the issue is from Elementor not from Toolset.

Could you please keep in touch with Elementor and ask them to help you on this and update us if they confirm the issue is from Toolset.

PZ

First, everything is up to date now. Second, the issue remains. Third, I can't see how this can be Elementor's fault because I'm actually not using Elementor with pages where the form is inserted.

Minesh
Supporter

well - as you can see with the following ticket where another user reported the same issue with Toolset Edit form:
=> https://toolset.com/forums/topic/form-isnt-submitting-when-elementor-is-active/#post-1147088

The above ticket mention same bug as you reported:

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to a member function get_component() on null in 

He confirms that it's fixed with Elementor version 2.3.2.

I do see you have cache and redirection plugins installed. Could you please check by disabling all cache and try to resolve your issue.

If your issue still persists, I need duplicator copy of your site to debug this issue further.
=> https://toolset.com/faq/provide-supporters-copy-site/

I have set the next reply to private which means only you and I have access to it.

Minesh
Supporter

Could you please share edit link of post where you say redirection is used to work?

PZ

Could you set up the reply as private? i'd give you access to admin account and link to the list of posts where you could check this out.

Minesh
Supporter

Minesh
Supporter

Yes - thank you for sharing it, I see the issue and I experience the same issue as you did. Really strange issue.

To debug this issue further I need duplicator copy of your site.

Minesh
Supporter

Well - I need duplicator copy of your site that will help me to install the site locally and debug further.

Could you please share duplicator copy of your site.

Minesh
Supporter

Ok thank you but 7GB size is a lot and I dont know when I will be able to download it so I will login to your site and try to download the copy of your site without Media folder etc..etc.. so I will have smaller file size to download.

I hope this sounds good and you dont have any issue with that. I will keep you updated.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.