Skip Navigation

[Resuelto] dropdown arrows on edit post field group do not work in Types 2.2.5

This support ticket is created hace 7 años, 3 meses. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 9 respuestas, has 2 mensajes.

Last updated by Ronald E hace 7 años, 3 meses.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Autor
post-field-group-error.jpg

When I installed Types 2.2.5 I lost the ability to use the arrows to open either screen options, Help or field options. I click on the down arrow and nothing happens. It's the same on existing fields or newly created post fields.

Dear Ronald,

It is abnormal, please try this:
1) Deactivate other plugins and switch to wordpress default theme, and test again.
2) Check if there is any JS errors occur in your website.

I did that already and the issue remains. I've upgraded a couple of other websites and the same problem exists. Can I provide you a login and you can go in to check it out?

Please duplicate same problem in a test site, and fill below private detail box with login details, also point out the problem field group URL, I need a live website to to test and debug, thanks

2117.JPG

I can see the problem in your website, so I tried these:
1) Deactivate plugins and switch theme, problem still exists
2) Export the Type setting from your website, and import it into my localhost, but there isn't similar problem in my localhost, see sceenshot 2117.JPG
3) I need to check the files of your website, but the FTP access you provided is not valid, I get this error:
Authentication failed.
Please check it, thanks

I have a different password to send for FTP access. Not sure how to make the message private?

Hi Luo,

I resaved the Private Message with a different username and password for FTP login. Should work for you now.

thanks,
Ron

I can find the debug logs in file :
/opt/web/sites/tester-wp/logs/error.log
PHP Catchable fatal error: Argument 1 passed to Types_Wpml_Field_Group::__construct() must be an instance of Types_Field_Group, null given, called in /opt/web/sites/tester-wp/wordpress/wp-content/plugins/types/library/toolset/types/embedded/includes/fields-post.php on line 419 and defined in /opt/web/sites/tester-wp/wordpress/wp-content/plugins/types/application/models/wpml/field_group.php on line 35

And I escalated this thread to 2nd supporters, hope there is is a workaround for it.

Here is a the feedback from our developers:
It is a known bug, which is already in our to-do list of Types 2.5, our developers are working on it, you can subscribe to our blog to get the updated news:
https://toolset.com/blog/

Currently, I suggest you disable the "Fields Styling editor", for example: modify the PHP codes in file wp-config.php from:

define('TYPES_USE_STYLING_EDITOR', true); 

To:

define('TYPES_USE_STYLING_EDITOR', false); 

Thank you for the outstanding support Luo. I can get back get back to developing with Toolset, the most awesome plugin out there.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.