Skip Navigation

[Resuelto] Displaying user fields in content template. No display fields for this user …

Este hilo está resuelto. Aquí tiene una descripción del problema y la solución.

Problem:
When inserting custom user fields in a Content Template the client could not see how to specify which user.

Solution:
When you insert a field using the Fields and Views button where applicable a tab is available to specify the data source (i.e. which user for user fields, which post for post fields).

This support ticket is created hace 5 años, 10 meses. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 -
- 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 -

Supporter timezone: Europe/London (GMT+00:00)

Etiquetado: ,

This topic contains 4 respuestas, has 2 mensajes.

Last updated by michaelS-13 hace 5 años, 10 meses.

Assisted by: Nigel.

Autor
what i expect what i get.jpg

Trying to display custom user meta fields in a content template. The "Display Options" panel that comes up gives no options, such as .. for this user, current logged-in user, etc. message there are no options for this field.

Yes. "Displaying WordPress User Fields"

Is there a similar example that we can see?

hidden link

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: Inglés (English ) Español (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+00:00)

Hi Michael

I just tested inserting custom user fields in a content template and didn't notice any issues.

This is trivial but I have to ask.

In your screenshot which shows the problem (the bottom screen), there is a link in the left panel for users, which is where you would select the source of the user.

You have clicked it in the top window, but don't appear to have in the bottom window.

What happens when you do?

Got it, thanks. btw, the entire forms training course has gone missing. need a walk-thru of the process create account, edit account, manage listings, my account redirect to login, etc. Where did it go? All links to it are 404s.

Kind of desperate here to get this done. Thanks.

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: Inglés (English ) Español (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+00:00)

Hi Michael

They were doing some updates to the site yesterday, perhaps that's why you had problems with the links, but the course is still available here: https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/cred-training-course/

Thanks Nigel, that must have been the problem.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.