Skip Navigation

[Resuelto] Displaying Parent title isn’t working

Este hilo está resuelto. Aquí tiene una descripción del problema y la solución.

Problem:

The issue here is that the user wanted to display the parent title of their post

Solution:
When using the fields and views button to add the shortcode to the page, it should give you the option to select the post that you want to display the title for. This includes the Parent CPT. See Screenshot

If you select "Post Selection" and then "A post related to the current post, set by a Types relationship" then you should be able to select your parent CPT to display its title.

This support ticket is created hace 5 años, 7 meses. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 3 respuestas, has 3 mensajes.

Last updated by rodolfod hace 5 años, 7 meses.

Assisted by: Shane.

Autor
Screen Shot 2018-08-28 at 10.50.16 AM.jpg
Screen Shot 2018-08-28 at 10.49.22 AM.jpg

I am trying to: display the title of the parent cpt

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

I expected to see: The Author's name (the Author is a "Team Member" CPT where the name is the CPT title)

Instead, I got: The title of the current post

The Team Member CPT slug is "team-member" and I inserted the shortcode into the Post Template as follows: [wpv-post-title id="$team-member"], which is how I've done this in the past but it's not working for some reason. I'm sure I'm missing something simple or obvious, but I haven't been able to figure out why it's not working.

Thanks for the help.

Shane
Supporter

Languages: Inglés (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Screen Shot 2018-08-28 at 4.18.20 PM.png

Hi Josh,

Thank you for contacting our support forum.

When using the fields and views button to add the shortcode to the page, it should give you the option to select the post that you want to display the title for. This includes the Parent CPT. See Screenshot

If you select "Post Selection" and then "A post related to the current post, set by a Types relationship" then you should be able to select your parent CPT to display its title.

Please let me know if this helps.
Thanks,
Shane

Ahh perfect. I like this built-in approach, that's a nice improvement.

Thanks for the help Shane.

Hei shane, can you also answer the mmio ticket? or are you too busy with anything else?

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.