Skip Navigation

[Resuelto] Display custom post type in admin sub-menu

The Toolset Community Forum is closed, for technical support questions, please head on to our Toolset Professional Support (for paid clients), with any pre-sale or admin question please contact us here.
This support ticket is created hace 9 años, 5 meses. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.
This is the community support forum for Types plugin, which is part of Toolset. Toolset is a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients and people who registered for Types community support can post in it.

This topic contains 2 respuestas, has 2 mensajes.

Last updated by Branigan hace 9 años, 5 meses.

Assisted by: Ana.

Autor

I am trying to display a custom post type "Speakers" created in Types within the menu of another custom post type I created, "FAQS".

I've entered 'edit.php?post_type=faq' in the 'show_in_menu" field on the "edit custom post type" screen but the item isn't appearing in the menu. If I leave this blank it shows as a main parent item in the stanadrd admin side menu.

Where am I going wrong?

Ana
Supporter
Screen Shot 2014-10-08 at 12.38.04.png
Screen Shot 2014-10-08 at 12.37.19.png
Screen Shot 2014-10-08 at 12.37.04.png

in order to have a custom post type displayed as a submenu item of another you need to set the following:

I'll use your example, assuming that we have 'Faqs' and want 'Speakers' to appear as a submenu item in the WordPress admin.

Go to Types -> Types & Taxonomies and edit the 'Speakers ' custom post type.
Under the Labels section locate the 'All items' text and change it to 'Speakers' for example.
Then check, as you already did, the Advanced option 'show_in_menu' and add the following 'edit.php?post_type=faq'
Confirm that also the 'show_ui' option is checked and save the custom post type.

Check the Faqs menu and the last item should be the 'Speakers'.

Thanks Anna, that worked - much appreciated 🙂

El foro ‘Types Community Support’ está cerrado y no se permiten nuevos debates ni respuestas.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.