Skip Navigation

[Resuelto] Disabling Views wrapper divs in Views 2.4.0

This support ticket is created hace 6 años, 10 meses. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 -
- 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 -

Supporter timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

This topic contains 4 respuestas, has 2 mensajes.

Last updated by Simon hace 6 años, 10 meses.

Assisted by: Nigel.

Autor

Ever since you introduced 'wrapper divs' to help pagination, they have caused us problems with more sophisticated applications of Views.

Now, I have had to upgrade a website from Views 1.10 to 2.4.0 because I can no longer justify not upgrading WordPress.

SO, I NEED TO DISABLE THE WRAPPER DIVS FROM VIEWS OUTPUT ON A GLOBAL BASIS.

I am unable to find a working solution here on the forums, and there is no mention in the documentation that I can find.

We raised this issue last year - https://toolset.com/forums/topic/when-will-you-add-the-option-to-remove-the-wrapper-div-around-each-view/ - and it has not stopped being a problem.

This solution does not work (Views output disappears completely):
https://toolset.com/forums/topic/disabling-new-view-wrapper-div-in-views-1-11/

I am not convinced this solution works, and it has to be set up for each View which is simply not practical:
https://toolset.com/forums/topic/views-not-working-after-installing-v1-11/

It must be possible to provide a global function to disable this markup, which causes us nothing but problems.

Your urgent assistance much appreciated.

The issue is also raised in this thread: https://toolset.com/forums/topic/problem-with-view-wrapper-div-override-after-views-1-12-upgrade/

I am not convinced this modified solution works any more either.

Adriano says this will be discussed with the developers but I suspect this didn't happen.

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: Inglés (English ) Español (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Hi Simon

The issue is on our roadmap and it will be implemented—an increasing number of clients want a clean output of Views in JSON format, for example—but I can't say when.

In the meantime you can add the following code which will strip the wrapper div from any View output (only the content between <!-- wpv-loop-start --> and <!-- wpv-loop-end --> in the Loop Output section will be rendered.

Note that functionality which depends on the wrapper (e.g. filters and pagination) will no longer work.

/**
 * Naked Views output with no wrapper divs
 */
add_filter( 'wpv_filter_wpv_view_shortcode_output', 'prefix_naked_view_output', 5, 2 );
function prefix_naked_view_output( $out, $view_id ) {

if ( true ) { // add test for View ID if required
		$start = strpos( $out, '<!-- wpv-loop-start -->' );
		if	( 	$start !== false
				&& 
				strrpos( $out, '<!-- wpv-loop-end -->', $start ) !== false ) {

$start = $start + strlen( '<!-- wpv-loop-start -->' );
			$out = substr( $out , $start );
			$end = strrpos( $out, '<!-- wpv-loop-end -->' );
			$out = substr( $out, 0, $end );
		}
	}

return $out;
}

I just tested the code on a local site and it worked as expected, but let me know if you have problems with it.

And don't forget to backup before making such a large version change of Views.

That is working for me, thank you

Can I recommend that a note about this be added somewhere to the documentation?

For the benefit of other users, we have a version of this solution we implemented which only targets specific Views based on ID:

/**
 * Naked Views output with no wrapper divs - SPECIFY WHICH VIEWS TO TARGET
 */
add_filter( 'wpv_filter_wpv_view_shortcode_output', 'prefix_naked_view_output', 5, 2 );
function prefix_naked_view_output( $out, $view_id ) {
    $views_to_target = array(599,3948,3026,);// replace with comma separated list of View IDs
    if ( in_array($view_id, $views_to_target)) { // add test for View ID
        $start = strpos( $out, '<!-- wpv-loop-start -->' );
        if  (   $start !== false
                && 
                strrpos( $out, '<!-- wpv-loop-end -->', $start ) !== false ) {

$start = $start + strlen( '<!-- wpv-loop-start -->' );
            $out = substr( $out , $start );
            $end = strrpos( $out, '<!-- wpv-loop-end -->' );
            $out = substr( $out, 0, $end );
        }
    }

return $out;
}
This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.