Skip Navigation

[Resuelto] CRED form emails – with Expiry settings

This support ticket is created hace 7 años, 3 meses. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- - 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Ho_Chi_Minh (GMT+07:00)

This topic contains 64 respuestas, has 3 mensajes.

Last updated by lindsayH hace 6 años, 4 meses.

Assisted by: Beda.

Autor

Hi Minesh

Yes working in itself, just seems to be sending to the same email address (but only when expiry set on email notifications). I did use same browser originally, on same day. Have now tried different browsers (Beda suggested I try this) when setting up the new supplier posts (I didn't create new users) and the issue remained.

The user I believe I created first was the Outlook/Hotmail one, it was some time ago but 90% sure of that.

Many thanks.

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: Inglés (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

I need your site copy to debug this issue further.
=> https://toolset.com/faq/provide-supporters-copy-site/

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: Inglés (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Thank you for sharing all the information. I'll share all these infos with our next level support. I'll get in touch with you as soon as I know more.

Hello, this is Beda again.

As I mentioned in the first steps of the communication here, I was not able to replicate it.

I understand the setup is quite easy:

1. 2 different users (setup with CRED)
2. Each of those Users submits a POST (any kind, actually that does not really matter)
3. Those Posts have an email field, and there we fill for EACH post a DIFFERENT email (supposed to be the User's email) via the CRED form.
4. An Expiration is set for those posts
5. A notification is set to be triggered BEFORE the post expires, and it grabs the email from the Custom Field filled out on the Post Form

Expected would be that each user gets ONE email (related to his/her post and email filled)

You mention, BOTH emails are sent to the SAME Account (receiver/user), wich is wrong.

I tried in several ways to replicate it at no avail.

But I am also having issues sending an email at all.
Currently, there seems to be a problem that actually Does NOT trigger the email at all.

Can you, on your end, still successfully even send a simple email when Expiration is happening (before) and to an email to a custom field?

To me, it seems this is not working anymore, and would be a BUG therefore.
Can you confirm this?

Just correcting the status of this ticket.

Hi Beda, no problem. I've confused myself sometimes but yes, in answer to your question here: https://toolset.com/forums/topic/cred-form-emails/page/4/#post-476918 your points above are correct. The forms also use 'Send notification to a WordPress user specified in a form field:' (just to clarify).

I will need to copy the site and do some testing on the email with expiry dates to custom fields. I'll let you know.

Thanks for your help. Lins

Yes, I seem to have received 'a simple email when Expiration is happening (before) and to an email to a custom field?' So that's good.

I'm going to do some more testing with the expiration emails going to one email address. I'm going to remove the Users entirely and set up from scratch using two different browsers (as although the Post was set up using different browsers the original Users were not). Maybe this is the problem?

I'll do this next week and let you know. Many thanks.

I am still confused.

This ticket where I type right now (https://toolset.com/forums/topic/cred-form-emails-with-expiry-settings) is about emails being sent to the same email instead of 2 different emails, when Expiration is active and emails are triggered before the expiration happens.

Summary of the issue:
https://toolset.com/forums/topic/cred-form-emails-with-expiry-settings/page/2/#post-476924

I don't understand why you mention that:

Hi Beda, no problem. I've confused myself sometimes but yes, in answer to your question here: https://toolset.com/forums/topic/cred-form-emails/page/4/#post-476918 your points above are correct. The forms also use 'Send notification to a WordPress user specified in a form field:' (just to clarify).

Either way, I see that the issue seems to be solved and was due to some mix up in the Users when creating them?

Be also careful with Cache Plugins, they might cache information that then gets saved against the wrong data-key in the database (although that's unlikely)

So to wrap up, we will proceed here about the issue related to "2 emails sent to same recipient, if expiration is active, and email is sent "n"time before the expiration"

Let me now proceed on the other ticket, because there I need more details.

Because Shane escalated this other ticket of multiple emails https://toolset.com/forums/topic/cred-form-emails/page/4/#post-460287. The cred-form-emails isn't solved (as far as I'm aware) but it's been escalated and status should reflect that. I need to respond to that issue when you were asking me for information.

I thought the duplicate email issue here may have been related to the above and added the point here; https://toolset.com/forums/topic/cred-form-emails/page/4/#post-467827 but it was ignored (until you came along) so I'd created a fresh ticket here in which we are dealing with just the "2 emails sent to same recipient, if expiration is active, and email is sent "n"time before the expiration"

As far as I'm aware the multiple emails and this issue are still a problem.

Sorry for the confusion and I hope the above explanation clarifies.

Yes, as you correctly say the other ticket was escalated, but then I could not replicate that - I asked for clearer steps from my colleague and what happened was that steps from this very thread here where added 🙁 - which is completely irrelated.

That's why I decided to step in to clear this mess and make things happen.

So, since this is now sorted out, let's not mix them up again

The steps for this ticket here are very clear; I will try to replicate this ASAP, although my last attempt failed as no email was sent at all.

What I suspect thou is that there is a problem with cache.

I will update you here as soon I have definite results.

I again apologise for the disturbing delay and mess up.

Please also let me know what your tests with new users give.

OK, once more I am waiting for the expiration to be triggered.

This should happen in about 2 hours from now.

Let's see what I will receive (I did set up a fresh minimal Test Site with this)

I'll update you ASAP.

I haven't received any Email at all (once again)

I will do one last test by letting the Post expire the next day, so to be sure it isn't an issue with Server Time, CRED CRON check on the expiration, and so on.

I apologise this kind of notifications needs more time to debug.

Either Sunday or Monday the latest, I will have definitive information whether the notifications are broken or working.

Please apologise the delay.

Hi Beda, thanks. I'm still testing too. JFYI it DOES appear at this point though that if I create the original USERS in different browsers the email ends up in the correct mailbox.

Emails arriving in same mailbox.png

Further to above, my latest test has resulted in both emails arriving in the SAME inbox, see image. Even though Users and the front end Forms were all either setup or completed in different browsers.

In short: Users - created in different browsers. I created an Add CRED Form in the back end. In the front end, again in different browsers I created a new Post. In the back end I Published the Posts - this I did in the same browser and one after the other. When to send: the emails themselves use an expiry date.

My first test above, I realised that I forgot to Publish the Hotmail\Firefox Post. So not sure if the publishing is influencing anything? Or is it the quick succession of publishing?

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.