Skip Navigation

[Resuelto] CRED form emails – with Expiry settings

This support ticket is created hace 7 años, 3 meses. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- - 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Ho_Chi_Minh (GMT+07:00)

This topic contains 64 respuestas, has 3 mensajes.

Last updated by lindsayH hace 6 años, 4 meses.

Assisted by: Beda.

Autor
Emails obsufacated but they are different.png
Emails - Expiry Dates set both coming in to same account.png
Emails - change field and correctly arrives.png

This MAY be related to an issue already found https://toolset.com/forums/topic/cred-form-emails - Shane was helping me with this one. It's been escalated to your 2nd tier supporters for further debugging.

I added another post to the end but I'm not sure anyone has picked it up.... https://toolset.com/forums/topic/cred-form-emails/page/4/#post-467827 Written out again below - in case this also needs further investigation.

On my staging site I have two users (ExpEmail and Topsy) both have different email addresses. ExpEmail uses Hotmail\Outlook and Topsy uses aol.

On the front end (using a CRED Post Form) both added a new Post in Suppliers. This was done on the same day, fairly quick succession, on same browser/IP etc.

The email that uses an expiry date (i.e. When to send this notification *??* before the automatic expiration date selected), sent BOTH emails to the SAME email address, see image (both new and edit CRED Post Form). i.e. they both arrived in ExpEmail's Hotmail\Outlook Inbox.

For an email that doesn't use an expiry date, for example one that uses 'When custom fields are modified' this will go to the correct (and both) email addresses. So again it seems to be an issue with the emails that use expiry settings.

To illustrate the above in the image 'Emails - Expiry Dates set both coming in to same account.png':-
1 - is the first (Add New Content) email in, has expiry time set before the automatic expiration date selected. Both arrived in the same Outlook account.
2 - is the second (Edit Existing Content) email in, has expiry time set before the automatic expiration date selected. Both arrived in the same Outlook account.
3 - is the email sent when using 'When custom fields are modified' - it's arrived in the correct Outlook account.
The final image (Emails - change field and correctly arrives.png) show this email also arriving in the correct aol mailbox when using 'When custom fields are modified'.

If I understand this correctly, all we need to replicate this issue is:

1. A Create Content CRED Form

2. Set an Email to be sent to the author, is triggering a certain amount of time before the automatic expiration happens

3. If 2 users with complete different Account Details are adding such a post, the Email is sent to the first submitted Post (User)

Can you confirm this?
I will then try to replicate this on an online server (due to the Email not being handled correctly locally) and try to find the issue.

CRED Post Form - expiry.png

Yes, Beda, it appears that this is the case.

JFYI. There is a third 'author' on here that was setup elsewhere (so not using same IP\browser etc) and their emails are being delivered (as far as I can see) correctly. Not sure if it's because I'm setting up from same PC for some reason. And within an hour of each other?

Below is an example screen shot of the CRED Post Form settings when emails seem to run into problems.

Many thanks. Lins

You do not notify the Author, as I see.

Can you elaborate?
You first mentioned you notify the author, but it seems you use a Custom Field instead.

I already set up the structure and triggered the expiration, I am waiting for the Emails to come in.
But I use the Author, just as you elaborated in your first description.

I received the Emails both correctly.

So, are you sure your users are both logged in an anonymous Browser?
This can be from the same Computer, but of course, it needs a session each (2 browsers or anonymous session)

I have been testing myself here... so would have been same browser session. Are you saying if I used a different browser (even if on the same PC) it would all work correctly?

If so I will give it another test. Thank you.

form-field-custom-field-mod.png

Also, you are right for the fields that work and those using the expiry option I'm using 'Send notification to an email specified in a form field:' and not the author option (apologies for the muddle).

Thank you.

The users obviously must be in either different Browsers altogether, or at least in 2 windows, anonymous, because otherwise they will not be logged in properly.

2 users can not be logged in in the same browser.

1. Login as user A in Browser A and trigger the actions.
2. Login as user B in Browser B (or an anonymous Window of Browser A) and trigger the actions.

This works fine on my tests.

Can you confirm this as well on your end?

==> Please also check the field you use is not accidentally getting the Email from the other user, either due to a Custom Script or a predefined value, or similar.

Expiry dates both in Hotmail.png

OK, I didn't recreate the User accounts. But I deleted both original listings and recreated from scratch, one using Firefox and the other Chrome.

Yet the email notifications both arrive in the same mailbox - but ONLY when expiry is used. All other emails (for example 'When post status changes' or 'When submitting the form' or 'When custom fields are modified') are delivered to the correct (obviously different) mailboxes.

Can't see how the email could be using a script or predefined value if all the other 'when to send' options work fine? But correct me if I'm missing something.

Many thanks for your help.

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: Inglés (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Beda is on vacation. This is Minesh here and I'll take care of this ticket and try to help you further. Hope this is OK.

Well - I need to check your post expiration settings and test site in order to test this.

1)
Please share problem URL of CRED form and how you are setting up post expiration.

2)
*** Please make a FULL BACKUP of your database and website.***
I would also eventually need to request temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP) to your site. Preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible in order to be of better help and check if some configurations might need to be changed.

I would additionally need your permission to de- and re-activate Plugins and the Theme, and to change configurations on the site. This is also a reason the backup is really important. If you agree to this, please use the form fields I have enabled below to provide temporary access details (wp-admin and FTP).

I have set the next reply to private which means only you and I have access to it.

The clean up bot wants to close this. I'm on holiday and out of the country until Tuesday. Please send me another private reply and I'll send you log in details when I return home. Thank you.

Minesh
Supporter

*** Please make a FULL BACKUP of your database and website.***
I would also eventually need to request temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP) to your site. Preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible in order to be of better help and check if some configurations might need to be changed.

I would additionally need your permission to de- and re-activate Plugins and the Theme, and to change configurations on the site. This is also a reason the backup is really important. If you agree to this, please use the form fields I have enabled below to provide temporary access details (wp-admin and FTP).

I have set the next reply to private which means only you and I have access to it.

Minesh
Supporter

So, basically, the issue is with the following notifications which are set to fire 1 day before the post-expiration date - correct?

See - Email to Supplier - Expiry date - 1st RENEWAL
See - Email to Supplier - renewal payment due expiry date

Both email notification should be fired 1 day before the post-expiration date set using CRED form.

See first post and the first post images, though I have now tried same with two different browsers and the issue remained....

On my staging site I have two users (ExpEmail and Topsy) both have different email addresses. ExpEmail uses Hotmail\Outlook and Topsy uses aol.

On the front end (using a CRED Post Form) both added a new Post in Suppliers. This was done on the same day, fairly quick succession, on same browser/IP etc.

The email that uses an expiry date (i.e. When to send this notification *??* before the automatic expiration date selected), sent BOTH emails to the SAME email address, see image (both new and edit CRED Post Form). i.e. they both arrived in ExpEmail's Hotmail\Outlook Inbox.

For an email that doesn't use an expiry date, for example one that uses 'When custom fields are modified' this will go to the correct (and both) email addresses. So again it seems to be an issue with the emails that use expiry settings.

To illustrate the above in the image 'Emails - Expiry Dates set both coming in to same account.png':-
1 - is the first (Add New Content) email in, has expiry time set before the automatic expiration date selected. Both arrived in the same Outlook account.
2 - is the second (Edit Existing Content) email in, has expiry time set before the automatic expiration date selected. Both arrived in the same Outlook account.
3 - is the email sent when using 'When custom fields are modified' - it's arrived in the correct Outlook account.
The final image (Emails - change field and correctly arrives.png) show this email also arriving in the correct aol mailbox when using 'When custom fields are modified'.

Minesh
Supporter

Ahhh - OK. To double check with you now as I understand the email notification are actually working but the notification is sent to same email address.

I just have one last question - which user you registered first?

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.