Skip Navigation

[Cerrado] Creating Product add-ons using Front End Product Form

This support ticket is created hace 3 años, 8 meses. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

Etiquetado: 

This topic contains 1 respuesta, has 2 mensajes.

Last updated by Christian Cox hace 3 años, 8 meses.

Assisted by: Christian Cox.

Autor

Tell us what you are trying to do?
I am working on a Font End Product Submission Form. As part of the Product submission, I want the User submitting the Product via Form to be able to create Add-ons such as Goods/Services /etc.

For example, if a User is listing a T-shirt for sale, he can create the option of selling a hat for an extra 10. If a User is selling Tickets to an event, he can create the option of buying a meal in advance for a surcharge.

In order to do that, I think I need to create Repeatable Fields on the Product Submission Form but I am not sure how to link the extra fields items to pricing and quantity. These are Product Add-Ons or so they are part of the main product submission and not necessarily need their own listing.

Is there any documentation that you are following? No

Is there a similar example that we can see?
The example of any shop selling products with different additional items related to the product.

What is the link to your site?
hidden link

Hello, when you say "Add-ons", are you referring to Product Add-ons as provided by this WC extension? https://woocommerce.com/products/product-add-ons/
Or are you using the phrase "add-ons" more loosely, referring to some Types fields added to the Products post type?

If you are referring to the WC extension Add-Ons, unfortunately Forms is not integrated with that extension. I'm not familiar with the WooCommerce APIs that would be necessary to manage those extra fields, and they look . It would require a significant amount of custom code that falls outside the scope of support we offer here.
If you are just looking for ways to add extra fields to a Product post, then
Forms that create Products are somewhat limited in scope because Products contain so many special features. Simple Products and External/Affiliate Products are supported, but Variable Products and Grouped Products are not. See more information about using Forms to create Products here: https://toolset.com/course-lesson/creating-woocommerce-products-using-front-end-forms/

One other thing to note: it is not possible to manage a Repeating Field Group (RFG) inside another Form that creates or edits the parent post containing those RFGs. Each row of an RFG must be added individually using a separate Form, and RFGs can only be created or edited after the parent Product post is created by Forms. More information about editing RFG with Forms: https://toolset.com/course-lesson/front-end-forms-for-repeatable-field-groups/

El debate ‘[Cerrado] Creating Product add-ons using Front End Product Form’ está cerrado y no admite más respuestas.