Skip Navigation

[Resuelto] Creating Custom Woocommerce Linked Products Field

Este hilo está resuelto. Aquí tiene una descripción del problema y la solución.

Problem:
I am trying to add a custom field to a WooCommerce product that autocompletes the field input based on already saved products.

Solution:
As of today, it is not possible with Toolset and it will require extending WooCommerce.
It would need some custom coding to make it happen. We have some recommended list of service providers here if you would like to take a look: https://toolset.com/consultant/

However, it's possible to Add Custom Fields and Taxonomies to WooCommerce Products:
https://toolset.com/learn/create-an-ecommerce-wordpress-site/create-custom-fields-and-taxonomies/

This support ticket is created hace 6 años, 11 meses. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 12:00 – 17:00 12:00 – 17:00 12:00 – 17:00 12:00 – 17:00 12:00 – 17:00 -
- 18:00 – 21:00 18:00 – 21:00 18:00 – 21:00 18:00 – 21:00 18:00 – 21:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 2 respuestas, has 2 mensajes.

Last updated by marcusC-4 hace 6 años, 11 meses.

Assisted by: Noman.

Autor
linked-products.png

I am trying to add a custom field to a WooCommerce product that autocompletes the field input based on already saved products.

This functionality already happens in WooCommerce in the "Linked Products" area of a simple product when you start typing to choose a Cross-Sell or Upsell product. I have attached a screenshot for your reference.

I need to be able to create a couple of new fields that act the same way that the Cross-Sell & Upsell fields do, allowing me to choose existing products as "Pre-Requisite" or "Next" products.

I would then use a custom layout to display the pre-requisite & next products on the product description (single) page.

Is this possible with Types?

Noman
Supporter

Languages: Inglés (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi Marcus,

Thank you for contacting Toolset support.

Unfortunately, it is not possible with toolset and it will require extending WooCommerce.
I also tried to look for a better workaround but could not find anything matching to your case. It would need some custom coding to make it happen. We have some recommended list of service providers here if you would like to take a look: https://toolset.com/consultant/

Have a great day.
Thank you

Ok. Thanks for the info, Noman.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.